Ruby on Rails Windows ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid Select COUNT(*)

silver

For those who are encountering setup problems:

If you are trying to setup ruby on rails on Windows using mysql and you
see this

ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid Select COUNT(*)

Check out this page here:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/MySQL+Database+access+problem

Specifically check out this advice:
I have the same problem.
Including the same error as above when trying to install mysql >extension via gem.
I also tried to comment old_password in my.ini file and to create >a new rails user, but it didn`t work.
However, using my old user/password and commenting the line
require 'active_record/vendor/mysql411' from mysql_adapter.rb >worked for me.
BTW: mysql 4.1.12 and windows.

For whatever reason this wasn't being picked up by the Google index;
hopefully that will change with this post.