Ruby on the rise in Brazil

zoat

Developers in Brazil expect their use of the Ruby scripting language
to double in the next year, according to an Evans Data Corp. survey of
400 developers in Brazil, China, India and Eastern Europe. Although
roughly 16 percent of developers in Brazil use Ruby today, almost a
third expect to use it next year. Of the emerging markets studied,
Ruby use is currently strongest in China, with 20 percent of
developers using it today.
http://www.tekrati.com/research/News.asp?id=9261

|MKSM|

Hello,

I've spent the last 12 months developing a relatively large system
entirely in Ruby. We're successfully using it in a production
enviroment in our startup company called "mapaBRASIL". It's been a
fantastic experience so far and I have no doubt that it will continue
that way.

Glad to be part of those statistics.

Regards,

Ricardo Amorim
mapaBRASIL

Alexey Verkhovsky

Ruby use is currently strongest in China, with 20 percent of
developers using it today.

Ahem... OK, I asked my teammate in China if this number was anywhere
near reality. His response was "merely a couple of orders of magnitude
off". Drawing conclusions is left as an exercise to the reader.

Phlip

Alexey said:
Ahem... OK, I asked my teammate in China if this number was anywhere
near reality. His response was "merely a couple of orders of magnitude
off". Drawing conclusions is left as an exercise to the reader.

There's lots of people in China, hence lots of them are programmers,
hence...