    standalone eruby executable? And will it build on Cygwin?

    Thanks.

    -Mark

    Mark J. Reed, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Mark J. Reed wrote:
    > Okay, I know that mod_ruby doesn't exist for Windows, and won't even
    > compile under Cygwin. I find this unfortunate, as I need to
    > take my web server down for maintenance, I would prefer to have a backup
    > online while I do so, and the only boxes available to play backup
    > run Windows.
    >
    > So I am willing to make do with traditional, fork/exec, slow,
    > resource-intensive CGIs. But I would also like to have my .rhtml's run through
    > eruby automatically. I can configure Apache to run eruby on them, but that
    > means I need an eruby.exe for Windows. Is it still possible to build a
    > standalone eruby executable? And will it build on Cygwin?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Mark

    I suppose it'll build on cygwin, I know it does on mingw so..., besides
    in the #{ruby_mirror}/ruby/binaries/cygwin/1.8/ext/ there's an
    eruby-1.0.5-i386-cygwin-1.8.tar.gz , and very fresh: 13-jan-2004.

    Adartse

    Osuka Adartse, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Mark J. Reed

    Chris Morris Guest

    Mark J. Reed wrote:

    >Okay, I know that mod_ruby doesn't exist for Windows, and won't even
    >compile under Cygwin. I find this unfortunate, as I need to
    >take my web server down for maintenance, I would prefer to have a backup
    >online while I do so, and the only boxes available to play backup
    >run Windows.

    Another big picture alternative is to build your app into a Drb server
    and keep your cgi script pretty bland -- then you can keep your app
    running in a separate process.

    --
    Chris
    http://clabs.org