    appreciated

    Thanks
    Brian

    Brian Wolf, Feb 27, 2010

  2. On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Brian Wolf <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to ruby and mac's. I just did a one click install to a 10.4 osx
    > system of of Ruby One from rubyforge, but I don't know where it put it
    > or how to put it in my path (im from windows background) Any help
    > appreciated

    It looks like that installer installs in /usr/local, with the binaries
    in /usr/local/bin. I don't remember for sure, but I think that should
    already be in your path; if not, you should add a line like this to
    the end of either .profile or .bashrc in your home directory:

    export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

    Mac OS X itself comes with Ruby, although I'm not sure what version
    10.4 shipped with, so you may not need to use the one-click installer
    at all.

    Eric Christopherson, Feb 27, 2010

  3. Brian Wolf

    Brian Wolf Guest

    Eric Christopherson wrote:
    > On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Brian Wolf <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm new to ruby and mac's. I just did a one click install to a 10.4 osx
    >> system of of Ruby One from rubyforge, but I don't know where it put it
    >> or how to put it in my path (im from windows background) Any help
    >> appreciated

    > It looks like that installer installs in /usr/local, with the binaries
    > in /usr/local/bin. I don't remember for sure, but I think that should
    > already be in your path; if not, you should add a line like this to
    > the end of either .profile or .bashrc in your home directory:
    >
    > export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
    >
    > Mac OS X itself comes with Ruby, although I'm not sure what version
    > 10.4 shipped with, so you may not need to use the one-click installer
    > at all.

    I think that worked. 10.4 has an older ruby version, that's why I used
    one click.

    Thanks!
    Brian

    Brian Wolf, Feb 27, 2010
  4. Brian Wolf

    Sam Yang Guest

    Brian Wolf wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to ruby and mac's. I just did a one click install to a 10.4 osx
    > system of of Ruby One from rubyforge, but I don't know where it put it
    > or how to put it in my path (im from windows background) Any help
    > appreciated
    >
    > Thanks
    > Brian

    you can install ruby with macport, and you can get macport at
    http://www.macports.org/

    Sam Yang, Feb 27, 2010