    --
    Eric Tucker
    Semperex, LLC
    Eric Tucker, Jul 21, 2009

  2. Eric Tucker

    Gustav Paul Guest

    Hey Eric,

    Have you checked out ANTLR?

    Regards,
    Gustav

    Gustav Paul, Jul 21, 2009

  3. On 7/21/09 10:10 AM, Eric Tucker wrote:
    > I'm looking for a really solid parser generator where I can write my own grammar like in JavaCC or Lex/Yacc to parse files in a custom built language. The more portable and more efficient the better (two mutually exclusive requirements? :) ) Any suggestions?

    Racc (http://i.loveruby.net/en/projects/racc/) is similar to Yacc.
    You can write a grammer like in Yacc, and you can write actions in Ruby
    instead of C.

    It generates a ruby class for a grammer. The generated class depends on
    racc-runtime (written in C), but the runtime is in the Ruby's standard
    library.
    So it is efficient and portable.

    -- Yugui <>
    Yugui (Yuki Sonoda), Jul 21, 2009
  4. Gustav Paul wrote:
    > Have you checked out ANTLR?

    Unless things have changed radically, ANTLR's Ruby support
    is effectively non-functional.

    Clifford Heath.

    Clifford Heath, Jul 21, 2009
  5. Eric Tucker

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Jul 20, 2009, at 18:10 , Eric Tucker wrote:

    > I'm looking for a really solid parser generator where I can write my
    > own grammar like in JavaCC or Lex/Yacc to parse files in a custom
    > built language. The more portable and more efficient the better (two
    > mutually exclusive requirements? :) ) Any suggestions?

    most of us use racc (for better or worse)... aaron and I are
    maintaining it now and aaron has taken on rexx, tho he's released it
    under a new name (currently forgetting, but prolly on his github).
    Ryan Davis, Jul 21, 2009