    Feel free to email me offlist.

    Thanks,
    Hal Fulton

    Hal Fulton, Oct 22, 2003

  2. On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 6:01:16 PM, Hal wrote:

    > There's been some talk of something like this in the past.

    > If a project materialized, would anyone here be interested
    > in working on it?

    > I'm not spearheading this myself, but I have friends who are
    > very interested in it. I'll be an active participant in the
    > project.

    > Feel free to email me offlist.

    What about onlist? Sounds interesting to me. What are the project
    goals?

    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Oct 22, 2003

  3. On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 11:02 am, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
    > On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 6:01:16 PM, Hal wrote:
    > > There's been some talk of something like this in the past.
    > >
    > > If a project materialized, would anyone here be interested
    > > in working on it?
    > >
    > > I'm not spearheading this myself, but I have friends who are
    > > very interested in it. I'll be an active participant in the
    > > project.
    > >
    > > Feel free to email me offlist.

    Sorry - missed the beginning of this thread, but it was I who spoke of this
    before. Rubyx is the name, and I have yet to launch it publicly (Time... as
    always)

    However, Rubyx exists, works very nicely, and I'm using it in several
    production environments.

    It's currently light on packages (containing only those I've added), but
    supports all the usual stuff; samba, cups, hylafax, apache, qmail etc, and
    the kde desktop. Also a brand new Ruby based init-script system

    Rubyx comes in the form of a script, which downloads all packages in source
    form and builds everything from scratch with your choice of toolchain
    versions.

    Its been designed to be real-easy to add your favourite package, even if a
    relative novice at coding. In most cases, you can just copy a similar package
    object and change the name ;)

    I would love some help with Rubyx; It's got loads of new features which you
    have to play with to appreciate. If anybody is interested in getting
    involved, if only in testing, then drop me a mail off list and I'll show you
    how to get started.

    A few words of warning though
    1) Rubyx _improves_ on the FSH, imo ;)
    2) Broadband, (or one hell of a lot of patience) is required while rubyx
    downloads the sources. Unless you can persaude me to send you a cd ;)
    3) Rubyx uses the free (for Open Source Development only) version of
    bitkeeper to get kernel and other sources (linus uses bitkeeper), so if you
    are a die-hard fsf nut then don't bother ;)
    4) Well, there must be more dire warnings, but I can't think of any...

    Perhaps I'll setup a mailing list if enough people are interested in trying
    it.

    Andrew

    Andrew Walrond, Oct 22, 2003
  4. On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 08:03:19PM +0900, Andrew Walrond wrote:
    > On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 11:02 am, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
    > > On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 6:01:16 PM, Hal wrote:
    > > > There's been some talk of something like this in the past.
    > > >
    > > > If a project materialized, would anyone here be interested
    > > > in working on it?
    > > >
    > > > I'm not spearheading this myself, but I have friends who are
    > > > very interested in it. I'll be an active participant in the
    > > > project.
    > > >
    > > > Feel free to email me offlist.

    > Sorry - missed the beginning of this thread, but it was I who spoke of this
    > before. Rubyx is the name, and I have yet to launch it publicly (Time... as
    > always)
    >
    > However, Rubyx exists, works very nicely, and I'm using it in several
    > production environments.
    >
    > It's currently light on packages (containing only those I've added), but
    > supports all the usual stuff; samba, cups, hylafax, apache, qmail etc, and
    > the kde desktop. Also a brand new Ruby based init-script system

    I was playing with an idea like this awhile back. I've always hated
    that init.d or rc.d sytle scripts (I've since moved a lot to
    daemontools).

    I might be able to help as I have good experience with LinuxFromScratch and I've built some distros for diskless nodes.

    Michael Garriss

    Michael Garriss, Oct 22, 2003
  5. On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 2:48 pm, Michael Garriss wrote:

    > I was playing with an idea like this awhile back. I've always hated
    > that init.d or rc.d sytle scripts (I've since moved a lot to
    > daemontools).

    Snap. Infact djb's daemontools were the inspiration for my ruby init-script
    and shares many features. I also use djb's dnscache, tinydns and qmail ;)

    > I might be able to help as I have good experience with LinuxFromScratch and
    > I've built some distros for diskless nodes.

    Excellent. Do you have bitkeeper, cvs, cvsup and rsync installed? (and ruby,
    obviously...)?

    Andrew Walrond, Oct 22, 2003
  6. On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 9:03:19 PM, Andrew wrote:

    > [...]

    > Perhaps I'll setup a mailing list if enough people are interested in trying
    > it.

    I'm not in much of a position to try it out myself, but I'd certainly
    listen in on a ML if you set it up.

    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Oct 22, 2003
  7. "Andrew Walrond" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    [snip]
    > Perhaps I'll setup a mailing list if enough people are interested in

    trying
    > it.

    When do you register 'Rubyx' as a project at rubyforge ?
    Then you get mailinglist for free... but with cvs (no bitkeeper).

    --
    Simon Strandgaard

    Simon Strandgaard, Oct 22, 2003
  8. Hal Fulton

    Aredridel Guest

    --=-+t7SVIw1AVAUkv2WPLOS

    If anyone wants to contribute add-ons to PLD (http://pld-linux.org) to
    be ruby-based, I don't think that's at odds with the development plan:
    PLD aims to give choice where there is one. That can include base
    infrastructure like init scripts.

    I don't know if Andrew would like to contribute any of his work, but I'd
    be willing to package it up. Also, I'd love to hear what everyone's
    thoughts on what "should" come with a system that supports Ruby -- how
    much do you expect to install yourself, how do you expect a system
    package manager to work with Ruby, and what would you like done for you?

    Ari

    --=-+t7SVIw1AVAUkv2WPLOS

    --=-+t7SVIw1AVAUkv2WPLOS--

    Aredridel, Oct 22, 2003
  9. Hal Fulton

    Chuck Mead Guest

    Gavin Sinclair <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 6:01:16 PM, Hal wrote:
    >
    > > There's been some talk of something like this in the past.

    > > If a project materialized, would anyone here be interested
    > > in working on it?

    > > I'm not spearheading this myself, but I have friends who are
    > > very interested in it. I'll be an active participant in the
    > > project.

    > > Feel free to email me offlist.

    > What about onlist? Sounds interesting to me. What are the project
    > goals?
    >
    > Gavin

    Hal was asking that question at my behest and I am sure he's now
    wondering just how much he can say... :)

    The answer is quite a bit...

    The distro he's talking about is Lunar Linux (http://lunar-linux.org).
    A source based distribution built to be fast and easily updated (both
    of which it is). It makes a great developer OS because it's very
    simple to keep it on the bleeding edge if that's where you want to be.

    We have been talking about replacing our application management system
    (currently bash based) with Ruby for about a year and one of our dev's
    has done some initial coding to that end (and that code is in our cvs
    right now though not exposed as it is *not* yet usable).

    Others can talk about the technical details much better than I can as
    I am a complete newbie to Ruby though I like what I hear and see a
    lot.

    Lunar is on it's 6th release and, thus far, has managed to stay well
    under the radar. If you want to nab a copy and install it to see where
    we are now you can grab our last ISO from here:

    http://www.deepfog.net/lunar/lunar-1.3.2.iso.bz2

    (very fast download as that is an internet2 site)

    Anyway my purpose here is to engender some discussion and maybe start
    a push to get us going on lunar2. :)

    Chuck Mead, Oct 22, 2003
  10. Hal Fulton

    Phil Tomson Guest

    In article <>,
    Andrew Walrond <> wrote:
    >On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 11:02 am, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
    >> On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 6:01:16 PM, Hal wrote:
    >> > There's been some talk of something like this in the past.
    >> >
    >> > If a project materialized, would anyone here be interested
    >> > in working on it?
    >> >
    >> > I'm not spearheading this myself, but I have friends who are
    >> > very interested in it. I'll be an active participant in the
    >> > project.
    >> >
    >> > Feel free to email me offlist.

    >Sorry - missed the beginning of this thread, but it was I who spoke of this
    >before. Rubyx is the name, and I have yet to launch it publicly (Time... as
    >always)
    >
    >However, Rubyx exists, works very nicely, and I'm using it in several
    >production environments.
    >
    >It's currently light on packages (containing only those I've added), but
    >supports all the usual stuff; samba, cups, hylafax, apache, qmail etc, and
    >the kde desktop. Also a brand new Ruby based init-script system

    This would make a good subject for an article in Linux Magazine|Journal.
    There has been a lot of buzz lately about alternatives Linux's current
    init-script system (for example on /. a few weeks back there was a story
    about a Python-based init). You'd get some publicity for your project,
    and a bit of cash (probably around $400 for a 3 page article) as well as
    some publicity for Ruby.

    Phil

    Phil Tomson, Oct 22, 2003
  11. Hal Fulton

    Enrique Meza Guest

    I'm interesting too.I'm developing some app. with Ruby-GTK2 and I would
    like write some admin app. to the project.

    --
    Enrique Meza <>

    Enrique Meza, Oct 22, 2003
  12. On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:55:15PM +0900, Andrew Walrond wrote:
    > On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 2:48 pm, Michael Garriss wrote:
    > >
    > > I was playing with an idea like this awhile back. I've always hated
    > > that init.d or rc.d sytle scripts (I've since moved a lot to
    > > daemontools).

    > Snap. Infact djb's daemontools were the inspiration for my ruby init-script
    > and shares many features. I also use djb's dnscache, tinydns and qmail ;)
    >

    > > I might be able to help as I have good experience with LinuxFromScratch and
    > > I've built some distros for diskless nodes.

    > Excellent. Do you have bitkeeper, cvs, cvsup and rsync installed? (and ruby,
    > obviously...)?

    Working on this now, I'll let you know. I have a new box (well it's on
    brown truck somewhere headed my way) that I could experiment on.

    I also have some experience with cross compiling toolchains (don't try
    this home kids).

    Regards,
    Michael Garriss

    Michael Garriss, Oct 22, 2003
  13. Hal Fulton

    Ben Giddings Guest

    Michael Garriss wrote:
    > I also have some experience with cross compiling toolchains (don't try
    > this home kids).

    Ugh, tell me about it. What's worse is when you have to pass a CFLAGS
    setting every time you build something. Most configure scripts don't know
    how to deal with a situation like this at all.

    Anyhow, I have experience building a linux distro from scratch. Granted,
    it's running on an embedded processor out of 16 megs of flash, but I may
    have useful skills to contribute here for desktop builds too, and I'd like
    to do so.

    Is the goal to make the distro gentoo-like? I have it at home and it is a
    pretty slick system. I understand its portage package management system
    uses Python underneath. I like portage, but if I were to write a package
    management system myself I'd change a lot of details. It seems like
    portage is probably written so that it's tied to the commandline. A more
    sensible way of doing things to me would be to have easily exchanged UIs
    for package management, text as a basic default, but GTK, QT, etc. as first
    class citizens.

    Ben

    Ben Giddings, Oct 22, 2003
  14. Christian Szegedy <-bonn.de> wrote in message news:<bn5san$s6q$-bonn.de>...

    > How does it compare too gentoo linux?

    I used to use gentoo; It was part of the inspiration for rubyx

    > Does it have a package management (using version information and
    > dependencies) a la portage?

    Absolutely.

    Andrew Walrond, Oct 22, 2003
  15. "Simon Strandgaard" <none> wrote in message news:<3f969bc2$0$69914$>...

    > When do you register 'Rubyx' as a project at rubyforge ?
    > Then you get mailinglist for free... but with cvs (no bitkeeper).

    I have registered the domain rubyx.org and have a server (running
    rubyx, obviously) sat at that address ready to run the website,
    bitkeeper, ftp etc.
    It's a breeze to setup a mailing list with qmail on rubyx

    Andrew Walrond, Oct 22, 2003
  16. On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 11:18 pm, Ben Giddings wrote:
    > Michael Garriss wrote:
    > > I also have some experience with cross compiling toolchains (don't try
    > > this home kids).

    > Ugh, tell me about it. What's worse is when you have to pass a CFLAGS
    > setting every time you build something. Most configure scripts don't know
    > how to deal with a situation like this at all.

    I have almost completed x86-64 support in rubyx (64bit native). The Rubyx
    script does all the cross compiling for you automatically. But it was
    certainly a pain getting it all to work...

    > Anyhow, I have experience building a linux distro from scratch. Granted,
    > it's running on an embedded processor out of 16 megs of flash, but I may
    > have useful skills to contribute here for desktop builds too, and I'd like
    > to do so.
    >
    > Is the goal to make the distro gentoo-like? I have it at home and it is a
    > pretty slick system. I understand its portage package management system
    > uses Python underneath. I like portage, but if I were to write a package
    > management system myself I'd change a lot of details. It seems like
    > portage is probably written so that it's tied to the commandline. A more
    > sensible way of doing things to me would be to have easily exchanged UIs
    > for package management, text as a basic default, but GTK, QT, etc. as first
    > class citizens.

    Yes, its like gentoo, but far more customizable. You can say Build me a new
    distro please; I'll have linux-2.6-test7, and use gcc 3.3.2 with libc-HEAD
    using the NPTL. Compile everything for the pentium4, using these flags....
    Or you can just go with the defaults, which are also good, and safer ;)

    Andrew Walrond, Oct 22, 2003
  17. Hal Fulton

    Sean O'Dell Guest

    On Wednesday 22 October 2003 03:18 pm, Ben Giddings wrote:
    > Michael Garriss wrote:
    > > I also have some experience with cross compiling toolchains (don't try
    > > this home kids).

    > Ugh, tell me about it. What's worse is when you have to pass a CFLAGS
    > setting every time you build something. Most configure scripts don't know
    > how to deal with a situation like this at all.
    >
    > Anyhow, I have experience building a linux distro from scratch. Granted,
    > it's running on an embedded processor out of 16 megs of flash, but I may
    > have useful skills to contribute here for desktop builds too, and I'd like
    > to do so.
    >
    > Is the goal to make the distro gentoo-like? I have it at home and it is a
    > pretty slick system. I understand its portage package management system
    > uses Python underneath. I like portage, but if I were to write a package
    > management system myself I'd change a lot of details. It seems like
    > portage is probably written so that it's tied to the commandline. A more
    > sensible way of doing things to me would be to have easily exchanged UIs
    > for package management, text as a basic default, but GTK, QT, etc. as first
    > class citizens.

    Gentoo-style, all the way; you can produce a sub-distro with pre-compiled
    binaries based on it, and I have to tell you, their emerge system and the
    custom compilation flags for everything are just the best. I love Gentoo.
    Plus, I think their way of handling packages is far simpler than just about
    anything else out there, so it would probably be the easiest to duplicate and
    offers power comparable to debian's package system.

    My 2 pesos.

    Sean O'Dell

    Sean O'Dell, Oct 22, 2003
  18. Hal Fulton

    Chuck Mead Guest

    Andrew Walrond wrote:
    > On Wednesday 22 Oct 2003 11:18 pm, Ben Giddings wrote:
    >
    >>Michael Garriss wrote:
    >>
    >>>I also have some experience with cross compiling toolchains (don't try
    >>>this home kids).

    >>Ugh, tell me about it. What's worse is when you have to pass a CFLAGS
    >>setting every time you build something. Most configure scripts don't know
    >>how to deal with a situation like this at all.
    >>

    > I have almost completed x86-64 support in rubyx (64bit native). The Rubyx
    > script does all the cross compiling for you automatically. But it was
    > certainly a pain getting it all to work...
    >

    >>Anyhow, I have experience building a linux distro from scratch. Granted,
    >>it's running on an embedded processor out of 16 megs of flash, but I may
    >>have useful skills to contribute here for desktop builds too, and I'd like
    >>to do so.
    >>
    >>Is the goal to make the distro gentoo-like? I have it at home and it is a
    >>pretty slick system. I understand its portage package management system
    >>uses Python underneath. I like portage, but if I were to write a package
    >>management system myself I'd change a lot of details. It seems like
    >>portage is probably written so that it's tied to the commandline. A more
    >>sensible way of doing things to me would be to have easily exchanged UIs
    >>for package management, text as a basic default, but GTK, QT, etc. as first
    >>class citizens.
    >>

    > Yes, its like gentoo, but far more customizable. You can say Build me a new
    > distro please; I'll have linux-2.6-test7, and use gcc 3.3.2 with libc-HEAD
    > using the NPTL. Compile everything for the pentium4, using these flags....
    > Or you can just go with the defaults, which are also good, and safer ;)

    Is this a complete AMS? Does it grab source, build it... archive and
    install the existing binary... etc. etc...?

    --
    csm
    Lunar Project Leader

    Chuck Mead, Oct 22, 2003

    > > When do you register 'Rubyx' as a project at rubyforge ?
    > > Then you get mailinglist for free... but with cvs (no bitkeeper).

    > I have registered the domain rubyx.org and have a server (running
    > rubyx, obviously) sat at that address ready to run the website,
    > bitkeeper, ftp etc.
    > It's a breeze to setup a mailing list with qmail on rubyx

    Great. I look forward to http://rubyx.org/

    Though I prefer FreeBSD istead of Linux :)

    --
    Simon Strandgaard

    Simon Strandgaard, Oct 23, 2003
  20. Chuck Mead <-linux.org> wrote in message news:<SNDlb.385$>...

    > Is this a complete AMS? Does it grab source, build it... archive and
    > install the existing binary... etc. etc...?

    Yes, the rubyx script (written in ruby) does everything. Here was a
    simple run I did this morning to build a distro on a dual P3 server.
    Note the parallel downloads and builds; --bj 4 gives 4 simultaneous
    package builds, --mj 4 allows 4 make jobs (make -j4) per build. All
    builds are done in user mode, and can use distcc if available to blast
    through a distro build in minutes.

    atlas root # rubyx --root /mnt/root2 --cpu pentium3 --bj 4 --mj 4
    --distro net disk
    Binding local source directory
    Downloading/verifying: binutils cvs bison bitkeeper autoconf busybox
    automake bzip2 bash coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: binutils cvs bison cvsup bitkeeper autoconf
    automake bzip2 bash coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: binutils cvs bison cvsup dejagnu autoconf
    automake bzip2 bash coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: binutils cvs cvsup dejagnu autoconf diffutils
    automake bzip2 bash coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: cvs cvsup dejagnu autoconf diffutils automake
    bzip2 expect bash coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file cvs cvsup dejagnu autoconf diffutils
    automake bzip2 expect coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file cvs findutils cvsup dejagnu autoconf
    diffutils bzip2 expect coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file cvs findutils cvsup flex dejagnu diffutils
    bzip2 expect coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file cvs findutils cvsup dejagnu gawk diffutils
    bzip2 expect coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file cvs findutils cvsup dejagnu diffutils gcc
    bzip2 expect coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file cvs findutils cvsup dejagnu diffutils
    bzip2 expect gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: file gettext cvs cvsup dejagnu diffutils bzip2
    expect gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs grep cvsup dejagnu diffutils bzip2
    expect gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs grep cvsup groff dejagnu diffutils
    bzip2 gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs grep cvsup groff dejagnu gzip bzip2
    gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs cvsup groff dejagnu gzip bzip2
    glibc gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: hdparm gettext cvs cvsup groff dejagnu gzip
    glibc gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs kernel-headers cvsup groff dejagnu
    gzip glibc gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs kernel-headers cvsup kbd groff
    dejagnu gzip gdbm coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs kernel-headers cvsup kbd groff
    dejagnu less gzip coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs kernel-headers cvsup kbd groff
    dejagnu gzip libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs kernel-headers cvsup groff dejagnu
    gzip libtool linux coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: make gettext cvs kernel-headers cvsup groff
    dejagnu libtool linux coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: make gettext cvs kernel-headers man cvsup groff
    dejagnu libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: make gettext cvs man cvsup man-pages groff
    dejagnu libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: make gettext cvs cvsup man-pages groff dejagnu
    metalog libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: make gettext cvs cvsup man-pages groff dejagnu
    libtool mktemp coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: modutils make gettext cvs cvsup groff dejagnu
    libtool mktemp coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: modutils gettext cvs m4 cvsup groff dejagnu
    libtool mktemp coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs m4 cvsup ncurses groff dejagnu
    libtool mktemp coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs m4 cvsup ncurses groff dejagnu
    openssl libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs m4 cvsup ncurses dejagnu openssl
    patch libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext cvs m4 cvsup ncurses openssl patch
    libtool pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: pciutils gettext m4 cvsup ncurses openssl patch
    libtool pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext m4 perl cvsup ncurses openssl patch
    libtool pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext m4 perl cvsup ncurses procinfo openssl
    libtool pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext perl cvsup ncurses procinfo openssl
    procps libtool pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext perl cvsup ncurses procinfo openssl
    libtool psmisc pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline gettext perl cvsup ncurses openssl
    libtool psmisc pcre coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline gettext rsync perl cvsup ncurses
    openssl libtool psmisc coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline gettext perl cvsup ruby ncurses
    openssl libtool psmisc coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline gettext perl cvsup ruby ncurses rubyx
    openssl libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline gettext perl cvsup ruby ncurses
    openssl sed libtool coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline gettext perl cvsup ncurses openssl sed
    libtool shadow coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: readline sharutils gettext perl cvsup ncurses
    openssl libtool shadow coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: sharutils gettext sudo perl cvsup ncurses
    openssl libtool shadow coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: sharutils gettext sudo perl cvsup ncurses tar
    libtool shadow coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: sharutils gettext perl cvsup ncurses tar tcl
    libtool shadow coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext perl cvsup ncurses tar tcl libtool
    texinfo shadow coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: unzip gettext perl cvsup ncurses tar tcl
    libtool texinfo coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: unzip gettext util-linux perl cvsup tar tcl
    libtool texinfo coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: unzip gettext util-linux perl cvsup uucp tar
    tcl texinfo coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext util-linux perl cvsup uucp tar zlib tcl
    texinfo coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext util-linux perl cvsup tar zlib tcl
    netfilter texinfo coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext perl cvsup tar zlib tcl netfilter
    texinfo netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: netkit-ftp gettext perl cvsup tar zlib tcl
    texinfo netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: netkit-ftp gettext netkit-telnet perl cvsup tar
    tcl texinfo netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext netkit-telnet perl cvsup net-tools tar
    tcl texinfo netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext netkit-telnet perl cvsup net-tools tar
    e2fsprogs tcl netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: gettext netkit-telnet perl cvsup tar e2fsprogs
    tcl grub netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs gettext perl cvsup tar e2fsprogs
    tcl grub netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs gettext perl cvsup e2fsprogs tcl
    grub netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl cvsup e2fsprogs tcl grub
    netkit-base coreutils
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl cvsup e2fsprogs tcl grub
    netkit-base
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl cvsup e2fsprogs tcl
    netkit-base
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl cvsup e2fsprogs netkit-base
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl cvsup e2fsprogs
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl cvsup
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs perl
    Downloading/verifying: reiserfsprogs
    PHASE 1/2
    Install make
    Install gcc
    Install kernel-headers
    Install binutils
    Processing: make gcc kernel-headers binutils
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install busybox
    Processing: gcc kernel-headers busybox binutils
    Processing: gcc busybox binutils
    Processing: gcc binutils
    Processing: gcc
    Link files into standard locations...
    !! /mnt/root2/pkg/binutils.1/lib/libiberty.a, gcc
    !! /mnt/root2/pkg/binutils.1/bin/ar, busybox
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 2/2
    Install glibc
    Processing: glibc
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Collate environment variables...
    All jobs completed successfully
    Changing root to /mnt/root2
    PHASE 1/7
    Install bzip2
    Install shadow
    Install findutils
    Install readline
    Processing: findutils bzip2 readline shadow
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install patch
    Processing: findutils patch readline shadow
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install uucp
    Processing: findutils patch shadow uucp
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install cvs
    Processing: findutils cvs shadow uucp
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install gzip
    Processing: findutils gzip cvs uucp
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install unzip
    Processing: unzip gzip cvs uucp
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install diffutils
    Processing: diffutils gzip cvs uucp
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install file
    Processing: diffutils cvs file uucp
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install gawk
    Processing: diffutils gawk cvs file
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install mktemp
    Processing: diffutils gawk cvs mktemp
    Processing: diffutils gawk cvs
    Processing: diffutils gawk
    Processing: gawk
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 2/7
    Install tar
    Install sed
    Install rsync
    Processing: tar sed rsync
    Processing: tar rsync
    Processing: tar
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 3/7
    Install bitkeeper
    Install pcre
    Install coreutils
    Install m4
    Processing: bitkeeper pcre coreutils m4
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install tcl
    Processing: pcre coreutils tcl m4
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install zlib
    Processing: coreutils tcl zlib m4
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install groff
    Processing: groff coreutils tcl m4
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install sudo
    Processing: groff coreutils sudo m4
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install gettext
    Processing: gettext groff coreutils sudo
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install libtool
    Processing: gettext groff coreutils libtool
    Processing: groff coreutils libtool
    Processing: groff libtool
    Processing: groff
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    !! /pkg/shadow.1/bin/groups, coreutils
    !! /pkg/shadow.1/man/man1/su.1, coreutils
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 4/7
    Install rubyx
    Install pciutils
    Install util-linux
    Install gdbm
    Processing: pciutils util-linux gdbm rubyx
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install expect
    Processing: pciutils util-linux expect gdbm
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install man
    Processing: util-linux expect gdbm man
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install metalog
    Processing: util-linux expect metalog gdbm
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install sharutils
    Processing: util-linux sharutils expect metalog
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install perl
    Processing: util-linux expect metalog perl
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install bison
    Processing: util-linux metalog bison perl
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install ncurses
    Processing: util-linux ncurses bison perl
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install hdparm
    Processing: util-linux hdparm ncurses perl
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install man-pages
    Processing: util-linux ncurses man-pages perl
    Processing: util-linux ncurses perl
    Processing: util-linux perl
    Processing: perl
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/chgrp.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/chmod.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/chown.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/cp.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/dd.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/df.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/diffutils.1/man/man1/diff.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/dir.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/dircolors.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/du.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/install.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/ln.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/ls.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/mkdir.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/mkfifo.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/mknod.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/mv.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/rm.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/rmdir.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/touch.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/coreutils.1/man/man1/vdir.1, man-pages
    !! /pkg/shadow.1/man/man5/passwd.5, man-pages
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 5/7
    Install openssl
    Install flex
    Install psmisc
    Install procinfo
    Processing: openssl flex psmisc procinfo
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install dejagnu
    Processing: openssl flex psmisc dejagnu
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install bash
    Processing: openssl psmisc dejagnu bash
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install autoconf
    Processing: openssl dejagnu autoconf bash
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install less
    Processing: openssl autoconf less bash
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install procps
    Processing: openssl less bash procps
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install texinfo
    Processing: openssl texinfo less bash
    Processing: openssl texinfo bash
    Processing: openssl bash
    Processing: openssl
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    !! /pkg/binutils.1/info/standards.info, autoconf
    !! /pkg/shadow.1/man/man1/passwd.1, openssl
    !! /pkg/man-pages.1/man/man3/err.3, openssl
    !! /pkg/man-pages.1/man/man3/rand.3, openssl
    !! /pkg/perl.1/man/man3/threads.3, openssl
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/info/remsync.info'
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 6/7
    Install modutils
    Install cvsup
    Install grep
    Install automake
    Processing: automake modutils cvsup grep
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install kbd
    Processing: kbd modutils cvsup grep
    Processing: kbd cvsup grep
    Processing: cvsup grep
    Processing: cvsup
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/info/remsync.info'
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    PHASE 7/7
    Install linux
    Install ruby
    Processing: linux ruby
    Processing: linux
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/info/remsync.info'
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    All jobs completed successfully
    PHASE 1/1
    Install netkit-telnet
    Install netfilter
    Install e2fsprogs
    Install netkit-ftp
    Processing: netkit-ftp netkit-telnet netfilter e2fsprogs
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install grub
    Processing: grub netkit-telnet netfilter e2fsprogs
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install reiserfsprogs
    Processing: grub netfilter reiserfsprogs e2fsprogs
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install net-tools
    Processing: grub netfilter net-tools e2fsprogs
    (Max build jobs reached; waiting...)
    Install netkit-base
    Processing: netfilter net-tools e2fsprogs netkit-base
    Processing: net-tools e2fsprogs netkit-base
    Processing: net-tools netkit-base
    Processing: netkit-base
    Update ld.so.cache...
    Link files into standard locations...
    Mark old versions for removal at next reboot...
    Installing info files...
    install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `/info/remsync.info'
    Making 'whatis' database...
    Collate environment variables...
    All jobs completed successfully
    Elapsed time: 1h 15m 20s