    from XML like SOAP does!

    Is there anything like this that can do it for me?

    /Rick

    Rickard Sjostrom, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Rickard Sjostrom

    Guest

    On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Rickard Sjostrom wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I want to something like SOAP but with local IPC (dont want to use HTTP
    > and dont want to waste ports). In my case I want to be able to start
    > Perl-scripts from Ruby without having to parse some strange
    > self-invented text string from input/output to convert it to data
    > structures, but I could probably easily implement this with XML but it
    > would be nice if there exists some solution already.
    >
    > I guess that this means that I want to convert data structures to and
    > from XML like SOAP does!
    >
    > Is there anything like this that can do it for me?
    >
    > /Rick

    perl and ruby both speak yaml - why not use it - it will be far less pain.

    -a
    --
    happiness is not something ready-made. it comes from your own actions.
    - h.h. the 14th dali lama

  3. unknown wrote:
    > On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Rickard Sjostrom wrote:
    >

    >> Is there anything like this that can do it for me?
    >>
    >> /Rick

    > perl and ruby both speak yaml - why not use it - it will be far less
    > pain.
    >
    > -a

    Thanks a lot! That's probably what I'm looking for and you've probably
    saved me from that pain! I'll look into it now! Thanks again!

    /Rick

    Rickard Sjostrom, Aug 7, 2006
  4. unknown wrote:
    > perl and ruby both speak yaml - why not use it - it will be far less
    > pain.

    Just a note that if you do this you may want to use the Perl YAML::Syck
    module. I've had minor problems with getting Ruby produced YAML
    accepted by the older pure-Perl YAML module. Using YAML::Syck means
    that both sides (Perl and Ruby) are sitting on top of the same
    underlying C code and I haven't had problems since.

    Mike Fletcher, Aug 7, 2006