Ruby Poetry

Elias Athanasopoulos

Hello!

I don't know if anyone has done it before (I did some Googling,
though), but this is my first attempt to create a Ruby poem
(ala Perl Poetry), which I thought it would be fun to share
with you.

Here it is:

#
# 7/4/2004, elathan
#

require 'ruby-poetry.rb'

:elathan.is ["bright", "clever"].but.also("smart")
:moonlight.is "lovely".but.never("so much!")
:theanswer.is Sometimes.unknown

praise :elathan
praise :moonlight

for everything in ($something = ["from", "heaven", "to", "hell"]) do
Enlight.us $theanswer = (everything + $moonlight).depth + $elathan.join.depth if everything.eql? "heaven"
end

elathan@velka:~/src/ruby/poetry> ruby poem.rb
elathan is bright, clever, smart
moonlight is not lovely so much!
But, the one that will always be true is the answer of all: 42

You can find the ruby-poetry.rb at:

http://null.edunet.uoa.gr/~elathan/

Maybe it would be fun to create a full library for Ruby Poetry.

Enjoy,