Ruby Programming Exercises

Warren Seltzer

------=_NextPart_000_0181_01C6445F.EF3779D0

I continually find that not having written a thousand lines or so of =
plain Ruby is
impairing my programming efforts in scripting and Rails. I'm looking =
for a good set of
homework exercises I can work through to bring up my Ruby skills. I'm =
an experienced
programmer, I've written hundreds of thousands of lines of code in my =
life but I keep on
having to look things up in the Ruby book. I'd feel better if I had a =
deeper knowledge of
Ruby.
=20
Ruby quizzes, anyone? I really liked the "C Puzzle Book" back in the =
day. =20
=20
Warren
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0181_01C6445F.EF3779D0--

James H.

Check out The Ruby Course (http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/course/). At
the end of each section are some questions and exercises. They may not
be terribly difficult, but they're very concept oriented, so they're
definitely good practice.

You could also try solving the puzzles in your "C Puzzle Book" too.
Post your answers so we can take a peek while you're at it =)

James

Thaddeus L Olczyk

I continually find that not having written a thousand lines or so of plain Ruby is
impairing my programming efforts in scripting and Rails. I'm looking for a good set of
homework exercises I can work through to bring up my Ruby skills. I'm an experienced
programmer, I've written hundreds of thousands of lines of code in my life but I keep on
having to look things up in the Ruby book. I'd feel better if I had a deeper knowledge of
Ruby.

Ruby quizzes, anyone? I really liked the "C Puzzle Book" back in the day.

Warren
look up two posts.

Roy Sutton

Check out this site:

http://www.pyhthonchallenge.com

Just solve each* puzzle with Ruby instead of Python. This will not only
exercise your ruby knowledge but get you deep into gems and RubyForge.

Roy

* Puzzle #5 is about a particular Python operation that Ruby doesn't (to
my knowlege) support so you'll have to solve it with Python or drop me
an e-mail and I'll give you the solution.

Dirk Meijer

------=_Part_6792_11264757.1142185428054

2006/3/12 said:

o my gosh...
that is so awesome :D
just can't seem to get past number 2 though :p

------=_Part_6792_11264757.1142185428054--