    remaining thus the most important tool - the intelligence, and so
    creativity, happiness, motivation and productivity.
    http://holoflux.wordpress.com/2006/...o-be-happy-programming-and-made-a-revolution/
    zoat, Sep 1, 2006

  2. zoat

    Dave Rose Guest

    Re: Ruby: Result of a Japanese guy that just wanted to be ha

    zoat wrote:
    > Ruby - is a reflective Object Oriented (OO) dynamic language created by
    > Yukihiro Matsumoto (Matz) in Japan with the objective to rescue the fun
    > and happiness in programming, designed with principles (see below) to
    > free programmer's mind from the hindrances of that is usually should
    > belong to the compiler, leading him to behave more intuitively,
    > remaining thus the most important tool - the intelligence, and so
    > creativity, happiness, motivation and productivity.
    > http://holoflux.wordpress.com/2006/...o-be-happy-programming-and-made-a-revolution/

    from my limited experience....and i haven't seen it mentioned here too
    much
    ruby cuts down the program's own internal data structures when using
    containers
    iterators and blocks... making it much easier to follow...

    Dave Rose, Sep 1, 2006

  3. On 9/1/06, zoat <> wrote:
    > Ruby - is a reflective Object Oriented (OO) dynamic language created by
    > Yukihiro Matsumoto (Matz) in Japan with the objective to rescue the fun
    > and happiness in programming, designed with principles (see below) to
    > free programmer's mind from the hindrances of that is usually should
    > belong to the compiler, leading him to behave more intuitively,
    > remaining thus the most important tool - the intelligence, and so
    > creativity, happiness, motivation and productivity.
    > http://holoflux.wordpress.com/2006/...o-be-happy-programming-and-made-a-revolution/

    Well-intentioned article, but it shows a fundamental misunderstanding
    of DRY and POLS.

    http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DontRepeatYourself
    http://www.artima.com/intv/ruby4.html
    http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrincipleOfLeastAstonishment