ruby-serialport crashes on ruby 1.8.2 under Windows

Michael Mueller

Hi !

I use the newest one-click-installer 1.8.2-15 and have a problem with a
program that ran just fine until ruby 1.8.0.
(It also crashed on 1.8.1.)

When I require the (freshly recompiled) ruby-serialport with:

require "serialport/serialport.so"

I get the following:
-----------------
C:\cvs\Feldbuch>ruby serialreader.rb
(eval):1: (eval):1:in `private_class_method': undefined method `create'
for clas
s `Class' (NameError)
from (eval):1
from
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:in `re
quire'
from serialreader.rb:2

Does anyone know how to fix this?
There already was a thread about this topic about 6 month ago -
unfortunately without a solution.

I would appreciate any help because I absolutely have to get my program
running on 1.8.2....

Michael