Ruby Site Launced

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by John W. Long, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. John W. Long

    John W. Long Guest

    John W. Long, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Eero Saynatkari, Sep 12, 2006

  3. John W. Long

    Phil Tomson Guest

    Phil Tomson, Sep 12, 2006
  4. John W. Long

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:36:03AM +0900, John W. Long wrote:
    > We just launched the new Ruby Site:
    >
    > http://ruby-lang.org
    >
    > A full write up here:
    >
    > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2006/09/12/site-launch-at-last/
    >
    > Digg it:
    >
    > http://digg.com/programming/Redesigned_Ruby_Site_Launched

    I dugg it, but only after I reddited it.

    http://programming.reddit.com/info/i5a4/comments

    "The ability to quote is a serviceable
    substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

    Chad Perrin, Sep 12, 2006
  5. John W. Long

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 10:53:23AM +0900, Phil Tomson wrote:
    > On 9/11/06, John W. Long <> wrote:
    > >We just launched the new Ruby Site:
    > >
    > > http://ruby-lang.org
    > >
    > >A full write up here:
    > >
    > > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2006/09/12/site-launch-at-last/
    > >
    > >Digg it:
    > >
    > > http://digg.com/programming/Redesigned_Ruby_Site_Launched
    > >

    > Ummm... the new Ruby site isn't coming up... Or... If... It.. Is...
    > it's... very... slow...
    > The digg effect?

    That might be a combination of digg and reddit -- and it's possible by
    now that it may have made it to del.icio.us and some of the second-tier
    tagging sites as well.

    Chad Perrin, Sep 12, 2006
  6. John W. Long

    Rob Sanheim Guest

    On 9/11/06, Chad Perrin <> wrote:
    > > Ummm... the new Ruby site isn't coming up... Or... If... It.. Is...
    > > it's... very... slow...
    > > The digg effect?

    > That might be a combination of digg and reddit -- and it's possible by
    > now that it may have made it to del.icio.us and some of the second-tier
    > tagging sites as well.
    >
    > --
    > CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.apotheon.org ]
    > "Real ugliness is not harsh-looking syntax, but having to
    > build programs out of the wrong concepts." - Paul Graham

    I'm sure its getting absolutely hammered.

    And everyone knows that Rails doesn't scale.

    *ducks*

    - rob
    --
    http://www.robsanheim.com
    http://www.seekingalpha.com

    Rob Sanheim, Sep 12, 2006
  7. John W. Long

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:36:03AM +0900, John W. Long wrote:
    > We just launched the new Ruby Site:
    >
    > http://ruby-lang.org
    >
    > A full write up here:
    >
    > http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2006/09/12/site-launch-at-last/
    >
    > Digg it:
    >
    > http://digg.com/programming/Redesigned_Ruby_Site_Launched
    >
    > Kudos to everyone involved!

    I've taken the liberty of submitting it to Slashdot as well, though I
    rather suspect someone else beat me to it by now, and my submission will
    probably be rejected as a result. Hopefully it can take all the
    traffic from Slashdot, reddit, digg, et cetera. I think the new design
    is worth the attention.

    "The measure on a man's real character is what he would do
    if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas McCauley

    Chad Perrin, Sep 12, 2006
  8. John W. Long

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:14:27AM +0900, Rob Sanheim wrote:
    > On 9/11/06, Chad Perrin <> wrote:
    > >> Ummm... the new Ruby site isn't coming up... Or... If... It.. Is...
    > >> it's... very... slow...
    > >> The digg effect?

    > >That might be a combination of digg and reddit -- and it's possible by
    > >now that it may have made it to del.icio.us and some of the second-tier
    > >tagging sites as well.

    > I'm sure its getting absolutely hammered.
    >
    > And everyone knows that Rails doesn't scale.
    >
    > *ducks*

    ++ for humor

    Chad Perrin, Sep 12, 2006
  9. Stephan Kämper, Sep 12, 2006
  10. John W. Long wrote:
    > We just launched the new Ruby Site:...

    - it runs smooth
    - the real urls are great
    - content chosen is nice

    - i dont like the right side box design. yes original link colors
    (blue + purple) are basically a good choice, but here it somehow
    doesnt fit onto the maybe too dark lightblue background.

    bud besides that.
    great stuff!

    Jonas Hartmann, Sep 12, 2006