    quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
    http://username: as the URL but no luck.

    Any suggestions?
    gregarican, Jul 18, 2006

  2. gregarican wrote:
    > I am attempting to write a small SOAP client script using Ruby 1.8.2
    > for Windows. The SOAP server will be located on the other side of an
    > authenticating proxy server. I see there's a #setHttpProxy method
    > available that I can use to specify the host and the port. Is there a
    > quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
    > http://username: as the URL but no luck.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    See
    http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/soap-basic-authentication-in-ruby.html
    for instructions on basic authentication.

    -Chris
    Chris McMahon, Jul 18, 2006

  3. gregarican

    gregarican Guest

    Thanks for submitting this. What you have posted appears to deal with a
    WSDL service that requires client authentication. I am talking about a
    proxy server that sits between the client and the WSDL service. Right
    now I am noodling around with SOAP::Env.getenv('http_proxy') to see if
    I can get the username:password portion of the URI to parse out so I
    can use the #setHttpProxy method. We'll see...

    gregarican, Jul 18, 2006
  4. gregarican

    Kenosis Guest

    gregarican wrote:
    > Thanks for submitting this. What you have posted appears to deal with a
    > WSDL service that requires client authentication. I am talking about a
    > proxy server that sits between the client and the WSDL service. Right
    > now I am noodling around with SOAP::Env.getenv('http_proxy') to see if
    > I can get the username:password portion of the URI to parse out so I
    > can use the #setHttpProxy method. We'll see...
    >
    > Chris McMahon wrote:
    > > gregarican wrote:
    > > > I am attempting to write a small SOAP client script using Ruby 1.8.2
    > > > for Windows. The SOAP server will be located on the other side of an
    > > > authenticating proxy server. I see there's a #setHttpProxy method
    > > > available that I can use to specify the host and the port. Is there a
    > > > quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
    > > > http://username: as the URL but no luck.
    > > >
    > > > Any suggestions?

    > > See
    > > http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/soap-basic-authentication-in-ruby.html
    > > for instructions on basic authentication.
    > >
    > > -Chris

    Would SOAP::HTTPConfigLoader::set_basic_auth(...) be of any help with
    this? (Just a shot in the dark - I've only done a little w/soap and it
    was a while back.)

    Ken
    Kenosis, Jul 18, 2006