    Is there no standard GUI API, or is 'Matz' or anyone planning to
    develop one?

    Aidy

    aidy, Apr 16, 2006

  2. On 2006-04-16 10:40:48 -0400, "aidy" <> said:

    > Hello
    >
    > I downloaded Ruby yesterday as I will need it for a web test-tool I may
    > use: Watir.
    >
    > I have been going through a 21 days book, and it suggests using tcl for
    > a Ruby GUI.
    >
    > Is there no standard GUI API, or is 'Matz' or anyone planning to
    > develop one?
    >
    > Aidy

    No, there isn't. TCL, and GTK+ are often mentioned as being used on
    this group. People tend to just use whatever they feel most
    comfortable with. If you do some searching in the Google Groups
    archive of this group (http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby),
    you'll find a lot of neat links on the matter. This article
    (http://www.digitalhobbit.com/archives/2005/09/28/ruby-gui-support/)
    discusses a few of the toolkits and has plenty of links and a brief
    discussion.

    Best of luck,

    James H.

    James Herdman, Apr 16, 2006