    not using Ruby-Cocoa? Is there a tool like py2app (Python) that gathers
    up the libraries and frameworks and scripts and generates a standalone
    app bundle?

    Kevin Walzer, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Kevin Walzer

    Guest

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Kevin Walzer wrote:

    > I'm learning GUI programming with Ruby/Tk on Mac OS X (10.4.9). How does one
    > deploy standalone Ruby applications on OS X, especially if you are not using
    > Ruby-Cocoa? Is there a tool like py2app (Python) that gathers up the
    > libraries and frameworks and scripts and generates a standalone app bundle?

    google rubyscript2exe.

    -a
    - the dalai lama

    , Mar 20, 2007

  3. On Mar 20, 2007, at 4:58 PM, wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Kevin Walzer wrote:
    >
    >> I'm learning GUI programming with Ruby/Tk on Mac OS X (10.4.9).
    >> How does one
    >> deploy standalone Ruby applications on OS X, especially if you are
    >> not using
    >> Ruby-Cocoa? Is there a tool like py2app (Python) that gathers up the
    >> libraries and frameworks and scripts and generates a standalone
    >> app bundle?

    > google rubyscript2exe.

    Although the RubyScript2Exe website mentions OS X support, it seems
    to be very experimental. How well does it work on OS X?. Can you make
    a double-clickable .app package with it?

    I have been able to use Automator to make a Finder launchable app
    that runs a Ruby/Tk script. I was even able to install my own Finder
    icons (.icns) into it. Doing it with Automator is somewhat kludgy and
    the resulting package has about a 220 KB footprint, but process is
    simple and reliable.

    Regards, Morton

    Morton Goldberg, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Kevin Walzer

    Dave Baldwin Guest

    On 20 Mar 2007, at 20:50, Kevin Walzer wrote:

    > I'm learning GUI programming with Ruby/Tk on Mac OS X (10.4.9). How
    > does one deploy standalone Ruby applications on OS X, especially if
    > you are not using Ruby-Cocoa? Is there a tool like py2app (Python)
    > that gathers up the libraries and frameworks and scripts and
    > generates a standalone app bundle?

    http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus

    Dave.

    Dave Baldwin, Mar 21, 2007