    grateful.and also any idea how we can uninstall ruby from /usr/local. we
    tried yum remove ruby , which removed ruby from /usr/bin.Thanks and
    Cheers !
    Shreyas Satish, Apr 7, 2010

  2. Shreyas Satish wrote:
    > when we try "which ruby" it points to /usr/local.

    In some shells, "rehash" will do what you want, but otherwise just
    logout and login again.

    > and also any idea how we can uninstall ruby from /usr/local.

    Just remove the files. For example, use

    ls -lrt /usr/local/bin

    to see which files were installed in that directory with the same
    timestamp and are probably parts of ruby, then delete them: e.g.

    rm /usr/local/bin/{ruby,erb,irb,testrb}

    Then check under the rest of /usr/local:

    ls -lrtR /usr/local

    Probably you will need:

    rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby

    rm -rf /usr/local/lib/libruby*

    Maybe a few stragglers in /usr/local/man, /usr/local/share/doc etc
    Brian Candler, Apr 7, 2010