Ruby vulnerabilities

David Ross

Someone has been watching Ruby development closely :)

I would start cleaning up code instead of working on
features if people are going to be like that. Its
going to give Ruby a bad name :p. I'm suprised
someone hasn't already reported the memory leak in
string, io, eval, and dir to security focus yet :)

http://securityfocus.com/bid/10946

-- Name: David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo [dot] com
http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

ts

D> going to give Ruby a bad name :p. I'm suprised
D> someone hasn't already reported the memory leak in
D> string, io, eval, and dir to security focus yet :)

Learn Japanese (it's a nice language) and subscribe to ruby-dev. It's
discuted on this mailing-list.

Guy Decoux

David Ross

I'm suprised
someone hasn't already reported the memory leak in
string, io, eval, and dir to security focus yet :)

In HEAD only, not release. I try to be dangerous and
test out the latest commits.

-- Name: David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo [dot] com
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

David Ross

Learn Japanese (it's a nice language) and subscribe
to ruby-dev. It's
discuted on this mailing-list.

Guy Decoux

I know Japanese is a nice language. I am trying to
learn it via classes. :)

-- Name: David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo [dot] com
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Robert

David Ross said:
Someone has been watching Ruby development closely :)

I would start cleaning up code instead of working on
features if people are going to be like that. Its
going to give Ruby a bad name :p. I'm suprised
someone hasn't already reported the memory leak in
string, io, eval, and dir to security focus yet :)

http://securityfocus.com/bid/10946
From the link:

The current 1.6 version of Ruby and versions 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 pre1 and 1.8.2
pre2 are not affected by this issue.

Notice the "not affected".

David Ross

I know, thats why I sent another email after ;) I use
HEAD in cvs all the time just testing
--- Robert said:
news:[email protected]...
From the link:

The current 1.6 version of Ruby and versions 1.8.1
and 1.8.2 pre1 and 1.8.2
pre2 are not affected by this issue.

Notice the "not affected".

-- Name: David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo [dot] com
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Robert

I just re-read that. Sorry.

David Ross said:
I know, thats why I sent another email after ;) I use
HEAD in cvs all the time just testing
--- Robert said:
news:[email protected]...
From the link: