Ruby WinCE?

gregarican

I have checked around and found a few tidbits here and there regarding
running Ruby on Windows CE/Pocket PC/Windows
Mobile/whatever_Microsoft_is_calling_their_OS_today. I have a Dell Axim
x50 (ARM CPU) running Windows Mobile 2003 (2nd edition) that I am
looking to get Ruby running on. I found some WinCE binaries at
http://uema2.s8.xrea.com/ruby-mswince/ but none of them seemed to work
for me.

If I install all of the Microsoft embedded tools and utilities I can
likely build a Ruby install, but I was wondering if anyone else had
existing binary files for such a setup. I know that I can get other
stuff working on this PDA, as I have Tcl/Tk 8.4 functional. It took
some remote registry editing with cereg.exe but Tcl/Tk is working fine.
Hoping to bring Ruby over so I can start porting over some GUI apps I
had on other platforms.

Anyone out there in a similar situation?

gregarican

gregarican said:
If I install all of the Microsoft embedded tools and utilities I can
likely build a Ruby install, but I was wondering if anyone else had
existing binary files for such a setup. I know that I can get other
stuff working on this PDA, as I have Tcl/Tk 8.4 functional. It took
some remote registry editing with cereg.exe but Tcl/Tk is working fine.
Hoping to bring Ruby over so I can start porting over some GUI apps I
had on other platforms.

Please disregard. The Ruby binary install on my Dell Axim is working
fine. I just had to install a command shell so that I could realize I
was too dumb to include Tk support into my setup. Dooh! Sorry for the
confusion...