Ruby with CDO?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeff Miller, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. Jeff Miller

    Jeff Miller Guest

    Hello,
    I need to do some scripting to interact with a Microsoft Exchange
    server. More specifically, to insert contacts into each user's mailbox's
    contacts folder. I have accomplished this with Ruby via Win32OLE and
    MAPI, but it has become evident that I cannot use this method to iterate
    over every mailbox without major issues, primarily because the MAPI
    method goes into Exchange via Outlook using the current user account's
    credentials.

    Thus, I need to enter Exchange using a more direct approach. From what I
    read, I need to use CDO 1.2.1. However, I don't know much about CDO or
    how I am to go about using it. I was wondering if anybody has an
    experience with this or if anybody can get me pointed in the right
    direction. I'd really prefer to use Ruby instead of VB, and I think its
    possible... just not sure exactly how.

    Any help is appreciated!!

    Thanks,
    - Jeff Miller