Ruby wrapper for xmlsec?

Duncan Bayne

Hi All,

If there's support for XML signing in Ruby out there, I can't find it (&
apparently neither can anyone on RailsForum
(http://railsforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=26227).

So, I was thinking of writing a Ruby wrapper for xmlsec
(http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/). Nothing particularly fancy, to start
with just exposing the functionality that I need (signing & verifying an
entire XML document).

I do have a few questions though:

- Before I start tilting at this particular windmill, does anyone know
of an existing xmlsec wrapper? I can't find one myself but that's no
guarantee it doesn't exist.

- Can anyone point me to a good, current, tutorial for creating Ruby
Gems? A Google search turned up _many_ and I don't know which are
considered good by the Ruby community (I'm new to developing Gems but
have been using Rails for a few years now).

TIA for any help.

Yours,
Duncan Bayne

Friedrich Dominicus

[...]