RubyAMP plugin problems Setup

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bryan W., Apr 24, 2008.

  1. Bryan W.

    Bryan W. Guest

    I've been trying to use the RubyAMP bundle to speed up my coding.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to do something similar to the now
    deprecated Rails debugger which used to allow a console to be opened up
    from the testing environment.

    Anytime I try to use any of the RubyAMP bundle commands I receive the
    following error:
    /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
    `require__': No such file to load -- appscript (LoadError) from
    /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
    from /Users/intention/Library/Application
    Support/TextMate/Bundles/RubyAMP.tmbundle/Support/lib/ruby_amp/launcher.rb:2
    from /Users/intention/Library/Application
    Support/TextMate/Bundles/RubyAMP.tmbundle/Support/lib/ruby_amp.rb:19:in
    `require' from /Users/intention/Library/Application
    Support/TextMate/Bundles/RubyAMP.tmbundle/Support/lib/ruby_amp.rb:19:in
    `const_missing' from /tmp/temp_textmate.2nfNou:3

    Both the required gems are installed on the system and I can require
    them from a console.

    It seems to have something to do with the appscript gem.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Bryan

    Bryan W., Apr 24, 2008

  2. Bryan W.

    Roger Pack Guest

    Bryan W. wrote:
    > I've been trying to use the RubyAMP bundle to speed up my coding.
    > I'm still trying to figure out how to do something similar to the now
    > deprecated Rails debugger which used to allow a console to be opened up
    > from the testing environment.

    > Both the required gems are installed on the system and I can require
    > them from a console.

    From Tim:
    looks like rb-appscript didn't get installed? Either that, or you have
    2 different ruby's on your machine, and TextMate is using that your
    shell isn't using.

    Roger Pack, Aug 18, 2008