RubyBlackBelt again

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dmitry Buzdin, May 5, 2006.

  1. Hi! I want to make an announcement here.

    The "Ruby Basic" exam objectives and question categories are ready!
    They are waiting to be filled with questions.

    What does it mean? To those who have missed a similar topic in the
    past:
    JavaBlackBelt is a certification community, where exams are being built
    by You!
    That means each interested person may act as a reviewer, moderator and
    a question autor. After the exam has enough stable/checked question it
    is becoming "real" and everyone could try to pass it and get "knowledge
    points" and belts (like in karate). The person who gets the belt is
    displayed in a "hall of fame" with the uploaded photo or logo.

    There is a plenty Java based exams and a first one for Ruby language.
    We have first 20 questions waiting for your review and critics.

    This would be particulary interesting to developers interested both in
    Java and Ruby technologies. Java related exams are already mature
    enough.

    The upcoming exams will be Ruby intermediate and something about Ruby
    On Rails. The objectives for this exams will also be discussed here in
    the nearest feature.

    If we will have an activity in Ruby area then it will be possible to
    create an independent exam platform for Ruby language only, with exams
    concerning certain libraries, language features and frameworks (like
    RoR).

    Please remember that this idea is more like for fun and learning, not
    for any commercial purposes or splitting people to certified and
    not-certified.

    www.javabblackbelt.com

    Dmitry
    Dmitry Buzdin, May 5, 2006

  2. Dmitry Buzdin, May 5, 2006

  3. Dmitry Buzdin

    grant curtis Guest

    Hi, I tried the quiz, and learned some things from it so thanks. I'm
    just a beginner at ruby so I didn't rate your questions or make any
    comments. In the end I wanted to see the correct answers to all the
    questions but they didn't come up? Maybe I just didn't find the right
    link. Anyway, thanks : )
    grant curtis, May 6, 2006
  4. The listing with all correct answers should appear after You have
    answered all questions and clicked something like "finish the exam".

    I think to rate questions it is not necessary to be a professional. We
    expect to know the overall quality of the question. You are not
    supposed to be confident if the question is technologicaly correct, but
    just tell if this question is interesting and helpful.
    Dmitry Buzdin, May 6, 2006