RubyCamp 2008 (Vancouver-Jan/26th) - Call for Speakers, Sponsors,Hack-a-thon Projects

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gerald Bauer, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. Gerald Bauer

    Gerald Bauer Guest

    Hello,

    == Call for Speakers - We Heart JavaScript Talks (Ruby's Ugly-Cool
    Half-Sister) ==

    Just a reminder that you're invited to sign-up for a talk at the
    upcoming RubyCamp 2008. The sooner you send in your talk proposal the
    better your chances to getting approved. Official RubyCamp talk
    proposal deadline is January 20th, 2008. Hurry. Find details @
    http://rubycamp.wordpress.com/about/#talks

    Note, that we welcome talks on JavaScript - "Ruby's ugly-cool
    half-sister" to quote err.the_blog - including talks on jQuery, Google
    Gears, TrimPath/Junction, Prototype/script.aculo.us, etcetera.

    Need talk ideas? Have talk ideas? Stop at our wiki page @
    http://barcamp.org/RubyCampVancouver

    == Call for Hack-a-thon or Code Sprint Projects ==

    You're also invited to sign-up for leading a more informal RubyCamp
    unconference-style coding sprint, hack-a-thon or hands-on project
    discussion. To get started post some information about your Ruby
    project you're interested in leading a coding sprint or hands-on
    informal discussion on our wiki and send a posting to the Vancouver
    Ruby/Rails Mailing List/Forum @ http://forum.vanrb.com to stir up some
    interest from fellow Rubyists and/or Railers.

    == Help us get the word out ==

    Blog about RubyCamp. Blog about your Hack-a-thon project. Blog
    about your RubyCamp talk or code sprint. Blog about Rubyize This! and
    Refactor My Code Live in Vancouver etcetera.

    Sign-up for our event on Facebook @
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7049363283 and/or on Yahoo!
    Upcoming @ http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/390144

    == Call for RubyCamp Sponsors ==

    We love sponsors. If you're interested in sponsoring the RubyCamp,
    please contact the organizers. We offer sponsorship packages starting
    at CAN$300. More @ http://rubycamp.wordpress.com/about/#sponsors

    See you all at RubyCamp 2008 in Vancouver, B.C. in the Americas on
    Canada's Pacific West Coast.

    Cheers.

    --
    Gerald Bauer - Internet Professional - http://geraldbauer.wordpress.com