RubyConf 2004

Ian Macdonald

Hello,

Is there already a tentative date or venue for this year's Ruby
Conference? I have a number of things coming up later in the year and
would like to ensure that I'm able to reserve time for the conference.

Thanks,

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald | That's always the way when you discover
System Administrator | something new; everyone thinks you're

Chad Fowler

Hello,

Is there already a tentative date or venue for this year's Ruby
Conference? I have a number of things coming up later in the year and
would like to ensure that I'm able to reserve time for the conference.

Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Chad

Harry Ohlsen

Chad said:
Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Damn! I was going to suggest Sydney; it would be so convenient for ...
um ... about 10 of us :).

Harry O.

Gavin Sinclair

Chad Fowler wrote:
Damn! I was going to suggest Sydney; it would be so convenient for ...
um ... about 10 of us :).

"It would also be convenient for the hundreds of people who want to
come here for a holiday," he said with a straight face.

But it might annoy the Melbourne folk :)

Gavin

Ian Macdonald

Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Unfortunately, the SANE 2004 conference in Amsterdam runs until 1st
October and I was hoping to attend that, too:

http://www.nluug.nl/events/sane2004/

If it's not set in stone yet, perhaps that could be borne in mind,
although I obviously don't expect anyone to plan the conference around
my timetable.

Thanks,

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald | Most women look for a man who is tall, dark
System Administrator | and hung some.

Paul Duncan

--qd/SZIFVu+MYwfCR

* Chad Fowler ([email protected]) said:
=20
On 16/4/2004, at 10:46 PM, Ian Macdonald wrote:
=20
=20
Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Alright! Party at my house!

:D

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--qd/SZIFVu+MYwfCR

--qd/SZIFVu+MYwfCR--

Chad Fowler

Question -- how far is that from Richmond?

/me wants to visit the Poe museum, no joke.

A couple of hours, I believe. The conference will be very very close
to Dulles airport (Attention non-US Rubyists....convenient travel
opportunity!)

:)

Chad

Jim Menard

Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Drat. The first RubyConf in my part of the world, and I can't go. It
would only be a five hour drive, but I have to go to a wedding that
Saturday. I really don't want to attend, but I have to.

Have fun without me. *sniff*.

Jim

Jim Freeze

Drat. The first RubyConf in my part of the world, and I can't go. It
would only be a five hour drive, but I have to go to a wedding that
Saturday. I really don't want to attend, but I have to.

Uhmm, that wouldn't be your wedding, would it?

:)

--
Jim Freeze
Ruby. The little language that could.

Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.
-- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982

Dick Davies

* Jim Menard said:
Drat. The first RubyConf in my part of the world, and I can't go. It
would only be a five hour drive, but I have to go to a wedding that
Saturday. I really don't want to attend, but I have to.

Not a problem.

Go to the stag night. Take a camera.

Chad Fowler

Drat. The first RubyConf in my part of the world, and I can't go. It
would only be a five hour drive, but I have to go to a wedding that
Saturday. I really don't want to attend, but I have to.

Have fun without me. *sniff*.

Jim, tell them your dog was sick or something. :)

Chad

Jim Menard

Uhmm, that wouldn't be your wedding, would it?

:)

Nope; that was 8 1/2 years ago. This is the wedding of my wife's friend
of 25 years. He's also her current boss and my former boss.

Jim

Paul Duncan

--ZsW/usBbx2ObC9TW

* Chad Fowler ([email protected]) said:
=20

Question -- how far is that from Richmond?

/me wants to visit the Poe museum, no joke.
=20
A couple of hours, I believe. The conference will be very very close
to Dulles airport (Attention non-US Rubyists....convenient travel
opportunity!)[/QUOTE]

International travelers _might_ get a better price if they flew in to
BWI, took the bus to the metro, then rode to DC. BWI seems to handle a
lot of international traffic.
:)
=20
Chad
=20
=20

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--ZsW/usBbx2ObC9TW

--ZsW/usBbx2ObC9TW--

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: RubyConf 2004"

|Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Bad news is this would be a first conference without me.
Good news is that we are expecting our baby on October.

No, its name is not going to be Rite.

matz.