[RubyConf] Conference Hotel/Venue info for RubyConf 2005

David A. Black

Dear Rubyists,

We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:

Lafayette Hotel & Suites
2223 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92103, USA

Phone: (877) 468-3531 (toll-free)
Phone: (619) 296-2101
Fax: (619) 296-0512

http://sandiego.innsuites.com/

We have reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $79.99 (plus
applicable taxes) per night, single or double, for the nights of
October 13, 14, and 15.

When you call, tell them that you are booking a room in the block
reserved for the "International Ruby Conference". If they're not sure
what you mean, give them the dates of our nights, and they should be
able to look it up.

Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
advise you to make reservations early.

Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with the
reservation process.

Stay tuned for the opening of formal presentation proposal, followed
by registration!

David Black
Chad Fowler
Rich Kilmer

for RubyConf 2005 and Ruby Central, Inc.

James Britt

David said:
Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
advise you to make reservations early.

Nice. Care to venture any crowd estimates?

James

David A. Black

Hi --

Nice. Care to venture any crowd estimates?

We have 115 "definite" or "likely" preregistrations. Plus a few
stragglers who haven't preregistered (like me and Chad :) It's
actually pretty hard to predict attendance from preregistration, but
that's certainly quite a bit higher than previous years.

David

Francis Hwang

Quick correction: The phone number for the hotel is wrong in this email.

It's either:
877.DIEGO.4.U
or:
800.468.3531