[RubyConf] Conference Hotel/Venue info for RubyConf 2005

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by David A. Black, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Dear Rubyists,

    We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:

    Lafayette Hotel & Suites
    2223 El Cajon Blvd
    San Diego, CA 92103, USA

    Phone: (877) 468-3531 (toll-free)
    Phone: (619) 296-2101
    Fax: (619) 296-0512

    http://sandiego.innsuites.com/

    We have reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $79.99 (plus
    applicable taxes) per night, single or double, for the nights of
    October 13, 14, and 15.

    When you call, tell them that you are booking a room in the block
    reserved for the "International Ruby Conference". If they're not sure
    what you mean, give them the dates of our nights, and they should be
    able to look it up.

    Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
    We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
    advise you to make reservations early.

    Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with the
    reservation process.

    Stay tuned for the opening of formal presentation proposal, followed
    by registration!

    David Black
    Chad Fowler
    Rich Kilmer

    for RubyConf 2005 and Ruby Central, Inc.

    --
    David A. Black

    David A. Black, Apr 21, 2005

  2. David A. Black

    James Britt Guest

    David A. Black wrote:

    > Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
    > We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
    > advise you to make reservations early.

    Nice. Care to venture any crowd estimates?

    James

    James Britt, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Hi --

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, James Britt wrote:

    > David A. Black wrote:
    >>
    >> Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
    >> We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
    >> advise you to make reservations early.

    > Nice. Care to venture any crowd estimates?

    We have 115 "definite" or "likely" preregistrations. Plus a few
    stragglers who haven't preregistered (like me and Chad :) It's
    actually pretty hard to predict attendance from preregistration, but
    that's certainly quite a bit higher than previous years.

    David

    --
    David A. Black

    David A. Black, Apr 21, 2005
  4. On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 08:53:06AM +0900, David A. Black wrote:
    > Dear Rubyists,
    >
    > We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:

    Thanks for your efforts.

    marcel
    --
    Marcel Molina Jr. <>

    Marcel Molina Jr., Apr 21, 2005
  5. Quick correction: The phone number for the hotel is wrong in this email.

    It's either:
    877.DIEGO.4.U
    or:
    800.468.3531

    On Apr 20, 2005, at 7:53 PM, David A. Black wrote:

    > Dear Rubyists,
    >
    > We are very pleased to announce that RubyConf 2005 will be held at:
    >
    > Lafayette Hotel & Suites
    > 2223 El Cajon Blvd
    > San Diego, CA 92103, USA
    >
    > Phone: (877) 468-3531 (toll-free)
    > Phone: (619) 296-2101
    > Fax: (619) 296-0512
    >
    > http://sandiego.innsuites.com/
    >
    > We have reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $79.99 (plus
    > applicable taxes) per night, single or double, for the nights of
    > October 13, 14, and 15.
    >
    > When you call, tell them that you are booking a room in the block
    > reserved for the "International Ruby Conference". If they're not sure
    > what you mean, give them the dates of our nights, and they should be
    > able to look it up.
    >
    > Pre-registration has been pretty massive compared to previous years.
    > We've set aside an accordingly large number of rooms, but would still
    > advise you to make reservations early.
    >
    > Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with the
    > reservation process.
    >
    > Stay tuned for the opening of formal presentation proposal, followed
    > by registration!
    >

    > David Black
    > Chad Fowler
    > Rich Kilmer
    >
    > for RubyConf 2005 and Ruby Central, Inc.
    >

    > --
    > David A. Black

    Francis Hwang
    http://fhwang.net/