    mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
    to appear in the search results.

    This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

    Leonard Chin, Jul 24, 2007

  2. Leonard Chin

    Alex Young Guest

    Leonard Chin wrote:
    > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
    > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
    > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
    > to appear in the search results.
    >
    > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

    I noticed it for mongrel, certainly, but that was only yesterday.

    --
    Alex

    Alex Young, Jul 24, 2007

    Travis D Warlick Jr, Jul 24, 2007
  4. Leonard Chin wrote:
    > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
    > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
    > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
    > to appear in the search results.
    >
    > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

    Probably a cause of this:
    http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102&aid=12074&group_id=5

    --
    Andreas Launila

    Andreas Launila, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Leonard Chin

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:37 +0900, Andreas Launila wrote:
    > Leonard Chin wrote:
    > > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
    > > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
    > > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
    > > to appear in the search results.
    > >
    > > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
    > >

    > Probably a cause of this:
    > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102&aid=12074&group_id=5

    Yup, let's give it a day or two and see if Google picks them up again
    now that I've removed that block. If not, I'll contact them...

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Jul 24, 2007
  6. Leonard Chin

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 09:20 -0400, Tom Copeland wrote:
    > On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:37 +0900, Andreas Launila wrote:
    > > Leonard Chin wrote:
    > > > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
    > > > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
    > > > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
    > > > to appear in the search results.
    > > >
    > > > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
    > > >

    > > Probably a cause of this:
    > > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102&aid=12074&group_id=5

    > Yup, let's give it a day or two and see if Google picks them up again
    > now that I've removed that block. If not, I'll contact them...

    FYI, this appears to be cleared up now:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:mongrel.rubyforge.org/

    Note to self, don't block Googlebots with iptables!

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Jul 25, 2007