RubyGame Audio on Mac OS 10.4.11

fedzor

Hey

I managed to get Rubygame successfully installed on mac os x, however
using audio still gives me trouble!

WAV and MP3 files (the only ones I've tested) throw errors and
warnings, respectively.

I am more focused on getting MP3 files to work right.

Here is my code:
require "rubygame"

song = Rubygame::Mixer::Music.load_audio("/Users/---/Music/iTunes/
iTunes Music/LOK/Sunk 500/Bedragaren I Murmansk.mp3")
song.play

and the warning?
Warning: incorrect audio format

I have NO clue what it's trying to tell me to do to fix it. Can
someone please help?

BTW, I am willing to use other SDL bridges if they work and run
correctly on Mac

Ari

Giles Bowkett

WAV and MP3 files (the only ones I've tested) throw errors and
warnings, respectively.

I am more focused on getting MP3 files to work right.

Here is my code:
require "rubygame"

song = Rubygame::Mixer::Music.load_audio("/Users/---/Music/iTunes/
iTunes Music/LOK/Sunk 500/Bedragaren I Murmansk.mp3")
song.play

and the warning?
Warning: incorrect audio format

I have NO clue what it's trying to tell me to do to fix it. Can
someone please help?

This is maybe not the best approach, but I'd just grep the source for
the warning text and see what's going on. It probably needs AIFF or
some crazy thing.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org
Tumblelog: http://giles.tumblr.com

fedzor

This is maybe not the best approach, but I'd just grep the source for
the warning text and see what's going on. It probably needs AIFF or
some crazy thing.

Oddly enough, this didn't help. At all. Nothing came up[1]!

Any other suggestions?

[1] That was of any value

John Joyce

You might double check the format.
iTunes will often use AAC or m4a
Try testing it with a known good audio file in various formats.
and put it in a different location.
Also, you may need to use a file name without spaces or escaped
somehow, you might want to check the internals of Rubygame.

This is maybe not the best approach, but I'd just grep the source for
the warning text and see what's going on. It probably needs AIFF or
some crazy thing.

Oddly enough, this didn't help. At all. Nothing came up[1]!

Any other suggestions?

[1] That was of any value

Shawn Anderson

Is your SDL-mixer compiled after you installed smpeg for mp3s? I am also
unable to get mp3 files working, but wav files work fine.

/Shawn