rubygarden.org FAQ broken

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Schwartz, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. I sent this mail to <>, but apparently that
    alias doesn't point to anyone, despite being on the rubygarden.org
    front page. Lacking any better ideas, I'm posting the feedback here,
    in hopes that somebody can forward it on to the rubygarden.org
    webmaster(s).

    When I go to the FAQ <URL:http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum>, no
    matter what I do, I get a notice:

    That session no longer exists.

    You are being forwarded to a new session.

    This happens every time-- I can't seem to actually look at any FAQs!

    Also, it would be most handy if there were links back to the main
    rubygarden.org pages from the FAQ.

    -=Eric
    -- Blair Houghton.

    Eric Schwartz, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Saluton!

    * Eric Schwartz; 2003-07-08, 23:58 UTC:
    > When I go to the FAQ <URL:http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum>, no
    > matter what I do, I get a notice:
    >
    > That session no longer exists.
    >
    > You are being forwarded to a new session.

    Please provide relevant information.

    Web browser?
    Proxy server?
    ISP?

    No, the third one is not a joke. German 'freenet' does use SQUID to
    reduce traffic costs.

    Gis,

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
    --
    Someone even submitted a fingerprint for Debian Linux running on the
    Microsoft Xbox. You have to love that irony :).

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Eric Schwartz

    Rasputin Guest

    * Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <> [0714 01:14]:
    > Saluton!
    >
    > * Eric Schwartz; 2003-07-08, 23:58 UTC:
    > > When I go to the FAQ <URL:http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum>, no
    > > matter what I do, I get a notice:
    > >
    > > That session no longer exists.
    > >
    > > You are being forwarded to a new session.
    > >

    > Please provide relevant information.
    >
    > Web browser?
    > Proxy server?
    > ISP?
    >
    > No, the third one is not a joke. German 'freenet' does use SQUID to
    > reduce traffic costs.

    So do I, and it seems to work for me.
    How is the sessionid stored for each client? Maybe the OP
    has disabled cookies?

    --
    If only one could get that wonderful feeling of accomplishment without
    having to accomplish anything.

    Rasputin, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Rasputin <> writes:
    > * Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <> [0714 01:14]:
    > > Web browser?

    Mozilla Firebird 0.6, in Debian/unstable.

    > > Proxy server?

    Don't know.

    > > ISP?

    My work. :)

    > How is the sessionid stored for each client? Maybe the OP
    > has disabled cookies?

    Cookies are enabled; they are deleted when the browser exits, but
    while it's running, should be fine.

    -=Eric
    -- Blair Houghton.

    Eric Schwartz, Jul 9, 2003