RubyGems and the FreeBSD ports tree

Jonathan Weiss

Cheers

I'm trying to combine RubyGems with the FreeBSD ports tree. That means that
I want to be able to install gems through the ports tree like:

# cd /usr/ports/www/rails
# make install

And have all rails-gems and rake installed. Behind the scenes the ports
system downloads the gem and installs it. This would ease the pain to
maintain two packet management frameworks for FreeBSD Users.

If you are a FreeBSD user and want this stuff too, you can help me by
testing my work.

You can get it here:

http://blog.innerewut.de/files/gems_ports.tgz

And Instructions here:

http://blog.innerewut.de/articles/2005/05/30/first-version-of-rubygems-in-th
e-freebsd-ports-tree

I also have some patches for OpenBSD, but they are not as far as my FreeBSD
work.

Thanks,
Jonathan