    --
    my religion is very simple. my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama

    , Nov 17, 2006

  2. Bil Kleb Guest

    Bil Kleb, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Daniel Berger, Nov 17, 2006

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Daniel Berger wrote:

    > Bil Kleb wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is there
    >>> not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?

    >> Don't think so,
    >>
    >> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/203058

    > Bummer. Ross Bamford does have a feature request in:
    >
    > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2890&group_id=126&atid=578

    found a workaround

    spec.extensions = 'extconf.rb'

    now, do whatever you like in extconf.rb

    -a

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 wrote:

    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Daniel Berger wrote:
    >
    >> Bil Kleb wrote:

    >>> Don't think so,
    >>>
    >>> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/203058

    >> Bummer. Ross Bamford does have a feature request in:
    >>
    >> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2890&group_id=126&atid=578

    > found a workaround
    >
    > spec.extensions = 'extconf.rb'
    >

    > now, do whatever you like in extconf.rb

    scratch that. doesn't work quite right.

    -a

  6. Jim Weirich Guest

    unknown wrote:
    > searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is
    > there
    > not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?
    >
    > regards.

    There is no provision in gems for pre/post install steps.

    -- Jim Weirich

    Jim Weirich, Nov 18, 2006
  7. On 11/17/06, Jim Weirich <> wrote:
    > unknown wrote:
    > > searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is
    > > there
    > > not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?
    > >
    > > regards.

    > There is no provision in gems for pre/post install steps.

    Please keep it that way. The only thing I'd *like* is a custom message
    that can be printed.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler * * http://www.halostatue.ca/
    * * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/

    Austin Ziegler, Nov 18, 2006
  8. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

    Please, unsubscribe my . Thanks :)

    Margarita Tomova, Feb 20, 2008