RubyScript2Exe: how to determine the executable's directory

mojombo

I've got a command line utility that I'm using RubyScript2Exe to
package up for distribution. In the script I need to determine what
directory the executable is in. Since the ruby script is unpacked into
a temporary directory before running, using __FILE__ doesn't work. I'm
thinking that EEE might send that value into the script somehow, but
have not been able to determine if that is so. Any ideas?

Tom Werner

Erik Veenstra

I've got a command line utility that I'm using RubyScript2Exe
to package up for distribution. In the script I need to
determine what directory the executable is in. Since the ruby
script is unpacked into a temporary directory before running,
using __FILE__ doesn't work. I'm thinking that EEE might send
that value into the script somehow, but have not been able to
determine if that is so. Any ideas?

You might want to use RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_APPEXE, as described on
the site [1].

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.5