run a JAR on AIX platform

Chris

Hi all,

I would like to run/execute a jar application on an AIX platform. On
this AIX machine the java version is 1.1.8.
I run the same jar file on Linux and Windows (java version 1.3.1)
using the next command:
"java -jar myApplic.jar" and run normal (the manifest is well
configured inside the jar)
But this command is not recognize on AIX platform.
Which should be the correct command, please.

Thank you,
Chris

Rhino

Chris said:
Hi all,

I would like to run/execute a jar application on an AIX platform. On
this AIX machine the java version is 1.1.8.
I run the same jar file on Linux and Windows (java version 1.3.1)
using the next command:
"java -jar myApplic.jar" and run normal (the manifest is well
configured inside the jar)
But this command is not recognize on AIX platform.
Which should be the correct command, please.
According to the Java Tutorial,
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jar/basics/index.html, "to run an
application packaged as a JAR file (version 1.1) use:

jre -cp app.jar MainClass"

Alternatively, you could update the JDK on your AIX machine to JDK 1.2 or
later and the 'java -jar app.jar' approach should work fine.

Rhino