run a vb.net module in asp.net across WAN

ben

Hi.

BACKGROUND:
I am trying to deploy an application across a WAN. I
have already written the app in vb.net and it works
fine. I connect to a local SQL server that takes too
much bandwidth for the remote users. So I figured after
I wrote the app I could make a simple asp.net page that
runs the vb module. I make a simple UI that has one
button that calls a function in the vb module. The
module is suppose to get all the info and spit out many
Excel files to the user.

ISSUE:
1) Are vb.net modules suppose to operate seamlessly in
asp.net too? My first big hint at no was when I could
not make a msgbox. (but I just want to make Excel files
so that is ok).

2)
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Programmatic
access to Visual Basic Project is not trusted

I keep getting this error. I went into the wwwroot
folder and gave all the permissions to the aspnet user
and the system network as well. I included all the
interops that I used when my app worked fine in the vb
form app.

Thanks,

Ben
(e-mail address removed)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you need to load a WinForms GUI, look for help topics on No-touch
deployment. That should help.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA