Run an aspx page automatically

Guest

Hi there i have some simple code that needs to run every night at a certain
time. does anyone know how in server 2003 i can tell a process to run an aspx
page. or should i make it a windows app and can you autostart those?

Michael Nemtsev

Hello louise,

You can just call the Process.Start with you url and page will be open,
but I'm not sure that opening aspx page this way is a good approach.

As I understand you need to call some business logic at the specific time,
so why not to divide this code from the page and introduce it as service,
so it can be called in background without presentation

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

lr> Hi there i have some simple code that needs to run every night at a
lr> certain time. does anyone know how in server 2003 i can tell a
lr> process to run an aspx page. or should i make it a windows app and
lr> can you autostart those?
lr>