Run and EXE.

Duhhhhhhh

Good evening all:

I have a question to ask of you.

Is it possible to run a small exe program from a webserver/isp??

I have a football pool and I would like the guy's to be able to enter their
own picks etc.

I have access to cgi, etc.

Thankyou in advance
Don

Toby A Inkster

Duhhhhhhh said:
Is it possible to run a small exe program from a webserver/isp??

I have access to cgi, etc.

What platform is the server running on -- Windows? Unix? Somethign else?

If Windows, and you have the right permissions, then yes, it's possible to
run an EXE file.

If Unix, then no, your file would have to be in ELF format instead. (Or of
course use a script, like perl, PHP, tcsh, python, ruby, etc)

Thomas Jollans

Duhhhhhhh said:
Good evening all:

I have a question to ask of you.

Is it possible to run a small exe program from a webserver/isp??

I have a football pool and I would like the guy's to be able to enter their
own picks etc.

I have access to cgi, etc.

Thankyou in advance
Don

do you mean executing a EXE on the user machine? then no. you can only
link to the .exe-file and tell the user to run the program to do
whatever it does.

Thomas