run ASP and ASPX on same site?

middletree

It's a long story about why I'm asking, but if a .NET-built site is running
on Windows 2000/IIS, can I put up some classic ASP pages? It will be under
the same domain name, just on the aspx pages, they will have a hyperlink to
my ASP pages, just like if they linked to any other web pages.

I just called the tech guys at the hosting company of this site, and they
said it would work, but they are also pretty new to .Net, so I thought I'd
ask here.

Disclaimer 1: I already looked at aspfaq.com.

Disclaimer 2: I realize I used the phrase "ASP pages" in this post, which is
redundant along the lines of NIC Card, ATM Machine, and PINor VIN Number.

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Yes, you can mix ASP and ASP.NET pages. Just remember that since two
different "engines" process each of these, you can not share
session/application information between two pages. Also, for the same
application, you need separate global.asa and global.asax scripts, since the
events in each of the pages is processed separately. However, you can share
cookies on the same domain.

middletree

Thanks. Since there won't be cookies or sessions involved in my case, this
sounds like it should go pretty smoothly.