Run asp page as a background process

Lindsay

Hi

I am using Win2k, IIS 5 and vbscript as well as asp.

I want to run an asp page that creates a PDF (using a third party
ASPPDF dll) as a background process to free up the main website as it
takes about 3-4 minutes to render the PDF.

Any ideas on how to do this or where to look?

Cheers

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Lindsay said:
Hi

I am using Win2k, IIS 5 and vbscript as well as asp.

I want to run an asp page that creates a PDF (using a third party
ASPPDF dll) as a background process to free up the main website as it
takes about 3-4 minutes to render the PDF.

Any ideas on how to do this or where to look?
As usual: aspfaq:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143