    Is this possible with ASP? How else could it be done, considering our
    application is all HTML/ASP?

    Thanks for any input!!!

    Noozer, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Noozer

    Evertjan. Guest

    Noozer wrote on 06 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I've written an application in ASP that manipulates an MS SQL
    > database. We'd like to have our application automatically backup the
    > database at specific times. We'd also like to generate an email report
    > once a day on the statics of our database.
    >
    > Is this possible with ASP? How else could it be done, considering our
    > application is all HTML/ASP?

    Do a GET from a scheduled Cscript:

    With CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
    .open "GET", "http://tst.com/doit.asp", True
    .send
    End With

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 6, 2006

  3. Noozer

    Patrice Guest

    Defined as a server side task (and as a VBS script for exemple).

    You should also be able to find sites that are able to call your url at
    given times (basically a kind of "webcron") if you don't have access to the
    server.

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Feb 6, 2006
  4. You could use script in a Scheduled task.

    The script could use the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP object to post to the website
    to trigger off activity.

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Feb 6, 2006
  5. Noozer

    Guest

    1. Create your "all-in-one" backup script

    2. Use this: http://www.webcron.org/ to call this scripts at regular
    intervals.

    Enjoy ;)

    Phil

    Noozer wrote:
    > I know ASP isn't the best way to do this, but is it possible???
    >
    > I've written an application in ASP that manipulates an MS SQL database. We'd
    > like to have our application automatically backup the database at specific
    > times. We'd also like to generate an email report once a day on the statics
    > of our database.
    >
    > Is this possible with ASP? How else could it be done, considering our
    > application is all HTML/ASP?
    >
    > Thanks for any input!!!

    , Mar 1, 2006