Run clang static analyzer on Python 3.30a

Discussion in 'Python' started by Seung Soo, Ha, Aug 10, 2011.

  1. Hello,

    I just ran the clang static analyzer on Python.

    I'm very new to this, so please bear with me as a describe the exact steps I
    took.

    1. hg clone of python
    2. scan-build ./configure --with-pydebug
    3. scan-build make -s -j4
    4. scan-view /tmp/scan-build-2011-08-10-1/

    It shows 6 bugs and the report page even has a
    friendly option to report the bug.

    I'm just starting to learn C and I cannot judge whether they are worth reporting.

    Should I?

    I am aware of the issue tracker and how to use it.
    What I'm curious is what information I should provide, considering the fact
    that my skills (for now) is limited to copy and paste.

    What should I do next?

    (my system Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64 on AMD Phenom II X4 955)

    Thanks.
    Seung Soo, Ha, Aug 10, 2011