    I have an onclick that runs some code and then sends an email based on the
    answer. I have to click this button everyday. Is there a way to run this
    as a schedule. Can you create a batch file that runs vb code?

    pvong, Oct 1, 2009

  2. pvong

    pvong Guest

    I found some stuff on Google, the the instructions are not very good. I
    guess I was just wondering if anyone had a good detail site that shows you
    this for newbies.

    Thanks!

    pvong, Oct 1, 2009

  3. "pvong" <vonger@*dot*com> wrote in

    > Doing this in VB.net and I'm a newbie.
    >
    > I have an onclick that runs some code and then sends an email based on
    > the answer. I have to click this button everyday. Is there a way to
    > run this as a schedule. Can you create a batch file that runs vb
    > code?

    1. Set up a console application that makes the check instead of an ASP.NET
    application. Then, set it up to run every day using a scheduling tool. In
    Windows, on possibility is the built in at.exe.

    2. Set up a windows service (a bit harder) and call the check code on a
    scheduled basis. Harder to implement, but can be set up to auto run on
    start up.

    In both instances, move the code from ASP.NET to a library and create
    either the console or windows service UI bits separately.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA