    This executable has some parameters.

    Sincerely,

    Rafael

    Rafael tejera, Jul 20, 2007

  2. Hi Rafael

    > How I can run an external executable that must run in the server side from
    > the client browser.
    >
    > This executable has some parameters.

    as you perceived, you can only run an executable on the server site.
    you can use the client side to receive the kind of executables and also the
    parameters.

    To run an executable on the server side, hav a look to the Process Class.
    - http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.aspx

    but be carefully with this, keep in mind that client side input allways is
    (or can be) evil!
    for example use an switch / Select Cast Statement to filter the input and
    except any
    evil input for execute something unexpected :)

    --
    Gruss, Peter Bucher

    Peter Bucher [MVP], Jul 20, 2007

  3. Thank you, but diagnostics.process it is for c# windows form and not for
    webform.

    I'm searching for the equivalent of this in asp.net

    Rafael Tejera

    Rafael tejera, Jul 20, 2007
  4. Rafael tejera

    bruce barker Guest

    see the system.diagnostics.process class

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 20, 2007
  5. Hi Rafael

    > Thank you, but diagnostics.process it is for c# windows form and not for
    > webform.

    No, it is also for webforms, but only for server side execution.

    --
    Gruss, Peter Bucher

    Peter Bucher [MVP], Jul 20, 2007
  6. "Rafael tejera" <> wrote in message

    > Thank you, but diagnostics.process it is for c# windows form and not for
    > webform.

    Not true.

    > I'm searching for the equivalent of this in asp.net

    using (Process MyProcess = new Process())
    {
    MyProcess.StartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("........");
    MyProcess.Start();

    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://www.markrae.net