Run external exe

Rafael tejera

How I can run an external executable that must run in the server side from
the client browser.

This executable has some parameters.

Sincerely,

Rafael

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hi Rafael
How I can run an external executable that must run in the server side from
the client browser.

This executable has some parameters.
as you perceived, you can only run an executable on the server site.
you can use the client side to receive the kind of executables and also the
parameters.

To run an executable on the server side, hav a look to the Process Class.
- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.aspx

but be carefully with this, keep in mind that client side input allways is
(or can be) evil!
for example use an switch / Select Cast Statement to filter the input and
except any
evil input for execute something unexpected :)

Rafael tejera

Thank you, but diagnostics.process it is for c# windows form and not for
webform.

I'm searching for the equivalent of this in asp.net

Rafael Tejera

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hi Rafael
Thank you, but diagnostics.process it is for c# windows form and not for
webform.
No, it is also for webforms, but only for server side execution.

Mark Rae [MVP]

Thank you, but diagnostics.process it is for c# windows form and not for
webform.

Not true.
I'm searching for the equivalent of this in asp.net

using (Process MyProcess = new Process())
{
MyProcess.StartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("........");
MyProcess.Start();