run jsp under tomcat in Linux

david wolf

Hi,

I am trying to run jsp under tomcat in Linux. What happend to me is
that, in Windows environment, I only need to create a dir, say abc.
Then copy a file, say test.jsp.
Then in browser, using http://localhost/abc/test.jsp, I can see the
page.

But in Linux, I got an error in Firebox like this:
Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks,

David

au714

david said:
Hi,

I am trying to run jsp under tomcat in Linux. What happend to me is
that, in Windows environment, I only need to create a dir, say abc.
Then copy a file, say test.jsp.
Then in browser, using http://localhost/abc/test.jsp, I can see the
page.

But in Linux, I got an error in Firebox like this:
Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Check the permissions on the file test.jsp. It may be something like
600, that is, rw-------. Perhaps you are running Tomcat as a user that
does not have read permission on the file.

Try chmod 666 test.jsp (I don't know if a jsp file needs execute
permission).

FGB