Run SOAP Extension after WSE Pipeline (extensions)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by bluedude@gmail.com, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone! I'm wondering if it's possible to have my custom SOAP
    Extension run after wse3 has processed the message (and if this makes
    sense)? I ask because I'm using a custom extension to perform schema
    validation and obviously this cannot be done when the incoming message
    has DIME attachment parts.

    I understand that I have the option to do this in a WSE SOAP Filter
    instead, however I don't like that idea as much because I don't get
    context caching automatically like I do if I write this as a SOAP
    Extension.

    I've tried setting the group and priority of my custom extension very
    low in my web.config as well as the group and priority of wse as high
    as possible:

    <add type="custom SchemaValidationExtension type details here"
    priority="100000" group="1" />
    <soapExtensionImporterTypes>
    <add
    type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Description.WseExtensionImporter,
    Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
    </soapExtensionImporterTypes>

    However, no matter the group and priority of my custom extension, the
    stream from the SoapMessage in my ProcessMessage always has the DIME
    parts still in there. Apparently setting the group and priority of the
    WseExtensionImporter is not valid so I can't do that.

    Maybe it's too much to expect the SoapMessage to be altered by the WSE
    pipeline?

    Let me know if I can provide more details. Thanks in advance for any
    help!
    , Jul 15, 2008

    On Jul 15, 4:20 pm, wrote:
    > Hi everyone! I'm wondering if it's possible to have my custom SOAP
    > Extension run after wse3 has processed the message (and if this makes
    > sense)? I ask because I'm using a custom extension to perform schema
    > validation and obviously this cannot be done when the incoming message
    > has DIME attachment parts.
    >
    > I understand that I have the option to do this in a WSE SOAP Filter
    > instead, however I don't like that idea as much because I don't get
    > context caching automatically like I do if I write this as a SOAP
    > Extension.
    >
    > I've tried setting the group and priority of my custom extension very
    > low in my web.config as well as the group and priority of wse as high
    > as possible:
    >
    > <add type="custom SchemaValidationExtension type details here"
    > priority="100000" group="1" />
    > <soapExtensionImporterTypes>
    >         <add
    > type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Description.WseExtensionImporter,
    > Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
    >       </soapExtensionImporterTypes>
    >
    > However, no matter the group and priority of my custom extension, the
    > stream from the SoapMessage in my ProcessMessage always has the DIME
    > parts still in there. Apparently setting the group and priority of the
    > WseExtensionImporter is not valid so I can't do that.
    >
    > Maybe it's too much to expect the SoapMessage to be altered by the WSE
    > pipeline?
    >
    > Let me know if I can provide more details. Thanks in advance for any
    > help!

    Sorry, let me clarify one point: the client is sending using MTOM and
    the SoapMessage stream on the server still has the MIME parts in it
    when my custom extension runs, whereas I'd like to have access to a
    stream that has the MIME parts "pulled" back into the message. Maybe I
    can't do this without being part of the WSE pipeline, but it sure
    would be nice.....
    , Jul 15, 2008