Run SSIS 2005 Package from ASP.NET page

Luigi

Hi all,
I have an aspx page (.NET 3.5 and C#) that has to run a SSIS package with
the dtexec utility when the user press a button.
How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Luigi

Gregory A. Beamer

I have an aspx page (.NET 3.5 and C#) that has to run a SSIS package
with the dtexec utility when the user press a button.
How can I accomplish this?

There are plenty of examples, as this Google search shows:
http://bit.ly/8Qp4YQ

The only potential caveat I can see is setting up security, as you are
running a process outside of the web root. A Process object might also
be able to accomplish this.

If these don't work, wrap the process that fires DTS in a WCF service
and call that from the ASP.NET code. ;-)

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld