Run Web Site Administration Tool without Visual Studio 2005

Asif

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me about how to run Web Site Administration Tool
without using Visual Studio?

If I have a site with the following URL

http://www.mysite.com

Then what will be the URL for opening WAT Tool

Thanks a lot

Asif

Juan T. Llibre

WAT only runs on the local machine, so www.mysite.com won't serve the WAT interface.

You can create your own management interface, per the instructions in these 2 articles:

"ASP.NET 2.0 Member/Role Management with IIS"

Part 1, Security and Configuration Overview :

Part 2, Implementation :

The code sample for that app is in this msi file :
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...f-428b-bf22-8d7c5a05fb47/membershipeditor.msi

Or, to do the same thing differently, follow Steven Cheng's advice at :
http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnts/archiv...p-role-management-out-of-asp-net-context.aspx

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can also spin up the built in web server, for the WAT, and hit from
another machine, but it is a rather involved process easily made simple with
Visual Studio. :)