Runing Client-side code

Nikolay Petrov

How to run client-side code.
I have an asp .net page for uploading files. What I need is a way to
run code at client which compresses the files and the uploads them to
server.
I have .NET compression library and it works great in WinForms apps.
How to make it run in Browser?

Thanks

Curt_C [MVP]

short answer, you dont.
You can upload THEN run code to compress but not on the client, not through
a web page, unless you have some sort of clientside ActiveX installed or the
clients security settings set REALLY low (and even then maybe not).

Nikolay Petrov

This is for an Intranet solution. I configure the clients, so security
settings are not the problem.
I need a way to upload files over very slow VPN connections.
Compressing the files by users themself is not an option.