Running a Python script against an embedded mySQL server.

Discussion in 'Python' started by quadric@primenet.com, Jul 2, 2003.

    I have an application that has an embedded/extended Python interpreter. I
    need to add
    database capabilities and for reasons to lengthy to explain in this email,
    also require
    an embedded database server. I have tentatively chosen mySQL 4.0 due to
    the apparent
    ease of embedding, along with it having all the necessary database
    functionality I need.

    The application executes Python expressions as well as running complete
    Python scripts via its
    embedded interpreter.

    The question is, using msSQLdb , can I connect external Python scripts
    that the application
    executes to the embedded mySQL server ?

    If so, are there any special considerations in doing this?

    Thanks for your help.
    , Jul 2, 2003