Running a SSRS 2005 Report from ASP.Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Robin9876, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. Robin9876

    Robin9876 Guest

    From an ASP.Net page which is using a SSRS 2005 that is using SQL
    authentication which works correctly when designed. However when
    called from the web page as a .Net component shows the following error
    message after prompted to login, which I do with an admin account.

    The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are
    insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

    Why is it using a different account instead of the SQL account to run
    the report and why is it failing even with an Admin account?

    What settings do I need to change to get the report to run from a
    ASP.Net web page?
    Robin9876, Jul 9, 2008

  2. Robin9876

    rifat yavuz Guest

    Hello,

    Just go to localhost/reports

    And give browse permission to 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' account.

    This is because your aspnet page connects report server using defualt iis
    account credentials.

    Rifat Yavuz

    rifat yavuz, Jul 10, 2008

  3. Robin9876

    Robin9876 Guest

    On 10 Jul, 09:00, "rifat yavuz" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Just go to localhost/reports
    >
    > And give browse permission to 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' account.
    >
    > This is because your aspnet page connects report server using defualt iis
    > account credentials.
    >
    > Rifat Yavuz
    >
    > "Robin9876" <> wrote in message

    > > From an ASP.Net page which is using a SSRS 2005 that is using SQL
    > > authentication which works correctly when designed. However when
    > > called from the web page as a .Net component shows the following error
    > > message after prompted to login, which I do with an admin account.

    > > The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are
    > > insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

    > > Why is it using a different account instead of the SQL account to run
    > > the report and why is it failing even with an Admin account?

    > > What settings do I need to change to get the report to run from a
    > > ASP.Net web page?

    Thanks that has worked on my development environment.

    In a production environment I will have to think about the accounts
    used for the web site and accessing the reports, instead of using the
    default network service account.
    Robin9876, Jul 10, 2008