Running application using DLL + DLL localization

Discussion in 'C++' started by Krzysiek, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Krzysiek

    Krzysiek Guest

    Hello,

    I have following problem: I built DLL in MSVC++ Toolkit 2003; when
    this file is copied to windows system or system32 directory, DLL host
    program is running with no problems. But, as far as this is
    proprietary DLL, I should place it only in directory of host program -
    and here's the problem. When this DLL is placed only in DLL host
    program directory, the program runs(i.e. there's no "xxx.DLL not
    found" message) but does not work properly - just like the exports
    were unaccessible for the program.

    I'm not sure where's the problem - should I alter DLL code or DLL
    host program code? What should I change?

    Thank You,
    best regards

    Krzysztof Korpiela
    Krzysiek, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Krzysiek

    David Harmon Guest

    On 4 Jul 2004 10:23:33 -0700 in comp.lang.c++,
    (Krzysiek) wrote,
    > I'm not sure where's the problem - should I alter DLL code or DLL
    >host program code? What should I change?

    You should change the newsgroup where you are posting. The behavior of
    DLLs is a feature of your operating system and not of the C++ language.

    See the welcome message posted twice per week in comp.lang.c++ or
    available at http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    David Harmon, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Krzysiek

    Krzysiek Guest

    David Harmon <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 4 Jul 2004 10:23:33 -0700 in comp.lang.c++,
    > (Krzysiek) wrote,
    > > I'm not sure where's the problem - should I alter DLL code or DLL
    > >host program code? What should I change?

    > You should change the newsgroup where you are posting. The behavior of
    > DLLs is a feature of your operating system and not of the C++ language.
    >
    > See the welcome message posted twice per week in comp.lang.c++ or
    > available at http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    OK, thanks for pointing me out
    Krzysiek, Jul 5, 2004