Running ASP.NET 2.0 application on IIS on XP from VS 2005

news.microsoft.com

Hello VS 2005 World...

I am making my way through VS 2005 Beta 1 and I'm having a problem getting
ASP.NET project to start in IIS running on an XP development machine.

I build a sample project in VS 2005 and it runs fine through the debugger.
Then I try using the new Publish Web Site feature to publish the application
to IIS at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\my_project.

It looks like everything gets published correctly to a virtual directory.
But when I go into IIS and configure the startup file to look for
Default.aspx then try and access the application in Exporer using this
address: http://localhost/my_project/default.aspx.

I get this message:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.

----

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource
'http://localhost/OneToMany2/default.aspx'. Line 1, Po...

This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not
be deleted!
^Can anyone give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong here? The virtual
directory looks right, I see the code there and I don't see anything unusual
in IIS.The application works fine through the debugger. One note is that
the machine I installed Yukon and VS 2005 already had .NET Framework 1.1
installed. Does this have anything to do with it? I don't think so because
the new VS 2005 Web Configuration App runs fine...ThanksConfused and
bewildered...

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi BCox,

Thanks for your posting. Regarding on this issue, I've noticed your another
thread in the
microsoft.public.vstudio.setup newsgroup. I've posted my reply there. Have
you had a chance to
have a look there. If there is any further questions or findings, please
feel free to post there.

Thanks & Regards,

Regards,

Steven Cheng